A spider variant that should be inclu... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » A spider variant that should be included. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Robin Wedding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 9:52 am:   

Hi All,

I think there should be a spider variant where building in the tableau is as in black widow (ie down regardless of suit and groups of cards can be moved regardless of suit) but king to ace sequences of 13 cards can only be eliminated if they are all in the same suit. What do you think? I can't see this game in the current version.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 3:24 pm:   

If I remember correctly, this was exactly how the Black Widow was in earlier versions, I liked it much better with some more challenge. Suggestion - give us back this version, call it Brown Widow.
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 7:05 pm:   

More challenge, already! It's still on my never-won list. Cheers, I did solve Pigtail yesterday. Bye.
Audrey
Robin Wedding (Robin)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Robin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 2:20 am:   

I like Rachel's idea, as the current black widow is essentially the same as spider one suit. I might suggest this to Thomas if he doesn't reply on here. What about the name 'Cicada' or some other more exotic form of insect for this patience?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 732
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 9:49 am:   

Yes, Rachel is correct, Black Widow used to have exactly those rules. It was changed to be more like the one suit option in Microsoft Spider Solitaire. However, after that Spider One Suit was added, which means that it is no longer necessary for Black Widow to be the way it is now.

Actually, it makes the most sense to simply change Black Widow (and Tarantula) back to the way they used to be.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration