Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Calculation « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Andy Lewicki (Ondraszek23)
Solitaire Player
Username: Ondraszek23

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:18 am:   

is moving cards among reserved columns permissible ?
I never played Calculation this way ...
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 145
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 3:34 pm:   

What's the reserved columns? You have the Tableau and Foundations. In the Tableau I can move a card only to an empty pile, not on another card, an on the foundation I can't move any card except with undo. Can you do anything more? Since this is the computer and not real cards, I don't consider movements to be permissible, but possible or impossible.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 9:34 am:   

Reserved column is what the help files states. read it:
"4 reserve piles (below foundations) - cards are played here from the stock. The top card of each pile is available for play. Move cards to the foundations by clicking."
What I meant, I never met any calculation software where the player was allowed move cards
among those columns (call them Tableau or whatever). Neither any rules in good solitaire books mention this. I understand your point that
you can make any move available within this program. But is it still pure Calculation ?

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 3:17 pm:   

Of course you've read the help correctly, and I read the comment line at the bottom of the game, where this same position is called Tableau. Anyway, I can't move the cards on another card. I guess that in my old Calculation, before PGS, I couldn't move a card from a pile even to an empty pile, but then as now I've got an Undo.

You could also say that in the original Freecel you had no Undo, so is it permissible? Since this is one of the important features of PGS, I say YES, my husband says NO, and he plays only Windows Freecel because he says that with Undo it's not the real game.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 3:28 pm:   

Andy, now I see your point. I didn't just try if I could move the cards, but I used an empty space as a cell. I never thought of doing that before because in my prehistoric game it wasn't possible.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 9:19 pm:   

Hi Rachel, I think your husband is right. We can modify solitaires any way we want and I do not object it. But, does it really add anything to FreeCell adding one, two or more cells ?
The answer is no. Help for Calculation doesn't mention that we are able to move a card to an empty column. And this is pure Calculation but after playing a while I got surprised by accidentaly moving a card to the spot I was not suppose to.
Have nice 4th,
Andy.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration