New glitch in 10.0.2? Black Widow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » New glitch in 10.0.2? Black Widow « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Glitch in Binary Star?Thomas Warfield 9-10-04  10:39 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   

Hi,

Played Black Widow for the first time since upgrading to 10.0.2 earlier today -- now full A-to-K sets are not being automatically cleared as they should be and used to be.

Anyone else encountering this? Any suggestions?

Thanks and best,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 746
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 9:26 am:   

There was a rule change in Black Widow, but unfortunately it appears the help file didn't get properly updated with it.

The rules in Black Widow and Tarantula have been changed to require a set from King to Ace to be in suit before it will be removed. Group moving rules remain the same (you can still move groups regardless in Black Widow), only you want to try to build in suit sequences.

This was done to make the games more different from the new games Spider One Suit and Spider Two Suit, and also it reverses an older rule change made prior to the addition of those two new games. The rules are now back to what they were originally when the games were added.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:49 am:   

Aha! Thanks Thomas -- considering 10.0.2 was essentially to fix previous glitches, it would have been a little embarrassing to find that new ones had slipped in in the process. <g>

There are several games where the program and the displayed rules aren't quite "in synch". I can probably assume that trying to make at-home revisions to the help text would be beyond the scope of the average user?

Best,
Mike
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 4:20 pm:   

>The rules in Black Widow and Tarantula have been changed to require a set from King to Ace to be in suit before it will be removed.

Once I saw that these are the new rules and I'm not stuck unintentionally, the games are nicer than before, because most of the time I had tried to make suits anyway, which wasn't neccessary.

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 199
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 4:30 pm:   

These two games are so different now, maybe others have changed too. It doesn't make much sense to continue the same online scores.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration