Another feature request Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Another feature request « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jim Lloyd
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 2:49 pm:   

In a few of the games it would be nice to have a vertical scrollbar kick in if a tableau reaches the bottom of the screen, or autoscroll by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen. As it is now, a very long tableau can run off the screen in fullscreen mode.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:43 am:   

Add my vote to that, there are quite a few games where (depending on your tactics, of course) extra-long tableaux are common. Triple Scorpion is the only one I play semi-regularly, but there are several others.

And even if you can remember what cards are off the screen, it's impossible to access them and play them.

Sure, higher screen resolution helps, but (a) I don't like any application which forces me to change from what works fine for everything else, and (b) I'm sure that even a super-high resolution might occasionally not be enough, if tableaux get long enough.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 3:38 pm:   

I asked for that years ago, Tom will probably give you the same answer. So now I just consider it one of the rules of the games - don't get off the marked road. Maybe piling up the cards as the tiles pile up in PGMJ could solve this.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 758
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 4:34 pm:   

There are technical reasons why this just wasn't possible (and I think it is still not possible). PGS uses a different programming language than PGMJ and Action Solitaire so what is possible in one isn't necessarily in the other.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration