Card Sets Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Card Sets « Previous Next »

Cheryl J. Sines (Gleeekk)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Gleeekk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:36 am:   

I *love* the new card sets, but is it possible to add additional sets from existing (i.e. real) decks? I have some absolutely gorgeous decks that I'd like to have on the computer, rather than wear out the pasteboards.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 2:07 pm:   

>I *love* the new card sets, but is it possible to add additional sets from existing (i.e. real) decks?

Not really. Aside from copyright issues, even if you were to scan in images from the cards, the quality would not be such as to make the images useful for playing on the computer. The playing card images we use are specially designed by an artist and specially sized for use in our game. Regular cards would not be designed for the right size.
Sarita Levinthal (Sari303)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Sari303

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 6:58 am:   

i also really love the card sets....can you do an all cat one...<g>

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 6:03 pm:   

>i also really love the card sets....can you do an all cat one...<g>

Glad you like the card sets, we have more coming soon.

A card set with pictures of cats on the cards is actually already on the list of future card sets. Our cats can hardly wait.
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 10:05 am:   

Can we make new card sets?

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 10:20 am:   

>Can we make new card sets?

Yes, although we have no automatic process. If you email me, I can send you a link to file for a template for the format that the card artwork has to be in. If you can make artwork for cards that fit this template and send it to me, we can then compile the artwork into a card set. There are a lot of details that have to be right in order for a card set to work, so we will check it over before it compiles to make sure that it is in the right format.
Greet van Luijtelaar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 3:01 am:   

Is there any possibility to use the card set in quest edition into the new 9.0 version I can't get use to the new card sets I liked the first one better

Thanks
Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 10:47 am:   

Just go to Options -> Cards and Decks and select "Old Default Card Set" there. If you can't see it, download it from http://www.goodsol.com/pgs/cardsets.html
and make sure the file is installed in the same directory as PGS.

I, too, prefer the old default card set, it works best with my resolution and monitor.
Greet van Luijtelaar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 7:20 am:   

No what I mean exactly is this the cards from pretty good solitaire quest edition I like better than the cards that sre now used and I specialy mean the hearts and spades shapes of the cards if you know what I mean can I use the cards from pgsqe in the pgs edition??

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 4:41 pm:   

You can't use card sets in the Quest Edition, that capability was added in version 8 (500 version).

The card set that is like the old cards (pretty much) is the Traditional Card Set at <http://www.goodsol.com/pgs/cardsets.html>.
Ken Rowberry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:30 pm:   

I agree with Greet van Luijtelaar in that the new decks are different, especially in the hearts and spades. I looked at the "Make your own deck" images and I think what I don't like is the "aliasing" around the images. It makes them look fuzzy. Before I go through and make a new deck with sharp edges, two questions:

1) is there a real important reason that the change was made that I am wasting my time trying to undo it?

2) Are there images from the old Quest that I can use as a starting point?

Post Number: 481
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:57 pm:   

If you don't like the anti-aliasing in the card sets, I recommend downloading the Traditional Card Set from <http://www.goodsol.com/pgs/cardsets.html>. It is the set most like a regular deck of cards and the alaising is at the bare minimum.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration