Empress of Italy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Empress of Italy « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 252
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 1:43 pm:   

I've played this for ages. Won it once with 2099688448. Now, when I try to repeat it, the original game, which starts with a nine, won't come up. Anybody know why,or how, this occurs?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 529
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 3:54 pm:   

>I've played this for ages. Won it once with 2099688448. Now, when I try to repeat it, the original game, which starts with a nine, won't come up. Anybody know why,or how, this occurs?

That number comes up fine for me (in PGS 12.4.0) and it does, indeed, start with a Nine as the foundation base card. Typo on the number, maybe? :-)

Can you be more specific about what "won't come up" means? That might help.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 253
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 8:59 am:   

Specifically, the correct one fails to appear. That is, the one with a nine at the top. I retype it many times and sometimes the correct one appears. Perhaps you have another winning number for me?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 530
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 10:35 am:   

>Specifically, the correct one fails to appear. That is, the one with a nine at the top. I retype it many times and sometimes the correct one appears.

That is strange. It certainly does not do that for me. My recommendation is: do not retype it. :-) Open the forum, highlight the (whole) deal number, copy it (Ctrl+C), open Empress of Italy, click 'Select', and then paste the number (Ctrl+V) into the dialog box.

With all of the repeating digits, the number can make one go cross-eyed. :-)

>Perhaps you have another winning number for me?

I have won both deals #1 and #2 in Goodsol Solitaire 101, so they should be winnable (albeit not easily) in PGS. (I may try to confirm that later...)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 531
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 1:02 pm:   

>I have won both deals #1 and #2 in Goodsol Solitaire 101, so they should be winnable (albeit not easily) in PGS. (I may try to confirm that later...)

I have confirmed that Empress of Italy #1 is winnable in PGS (although it takes some planning).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 254
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 11:49 am:   

Thanks, Gregg. That cut and paste works well. Won that number once. Still can't repeat that feat. Audrey
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6499
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 12:35 pm:   

One way to win it.
application/octet-stream
Empress of Italy_2099688448.pgs (8.4 k)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 255
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 10:50 am:   

Richard: Thanks for the solution. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to read the code. Please tell me how to place the cards in that first line. Thanks. Audrey
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6523
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 4:28 pm:   

../10/Empress_o f_Italy_2099688448-12295.unk
Hi Audrey,
Open Empress of Italy as normal. You will have an open game dealt out in front of you (probably 2099688448). Ignore it completely.
Near the top left of your screen you will see "Game". Click on that and you will get a drop down menu. On that menu select "Open game".
A new window will appear. Where it says "File name" near the foot of that window, you must paste in the link at the top of this post. Then click on "Open" and give it a minute or two to connect. If you have followed these instructions you will now have my solution rolled out on your screen.
Before you do anything else you should go back up to "Game" at the top of your screen and this time select "Save" or "Save as" in the drop down menu. You will now have a permanent copy that you can open any time you want, and undo and redo to your hearts content.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration