Archway Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Archway « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 6:43 am:   

I hope someone can help--I can't make heads or tails out of "Archway"--how does it work? and how is it won?

Thanks--
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   

you have 4 aces at the bottom and above these 4 kings and you need to build the aces up in suit and the kings down in suit
play from the middle if you can and the rest of the cards round the top have the same value in each pile
so if there is no queen or 2 in the middle you can play these from the pile of 2s and queens
you can change the top card of all the piles round the top by right clicking with the mouse.
it is won by having all the cards clear from the middle and all the aces up to king and all the kings to aces
it is also the most difficult game to win on the table with Just 6 wins out of over 4000 games played
hope this helps
if you want the winning number this is on the forum somewhere
Paul
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 1:24 pm:   

Thanks, Paul---I think this time I would love to see a winning number--

But it certainly can't be any more difficult than 13 Packs--I'm finding that impossible to win--
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 1:52 pm:   

hi
try
archway 1339794048
13 packs 1000094
if you get stuck on 13 packs i have the winning moves and have helped a few people out with these before
archway if my memory serves me right when you clear a column in the middle you can move another top card into the empty space
if you want the moves to 13 packs please email me at pondpaul@hotmail.com and i will send them to you
bye paul
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   

thanks, Paul--I will try that number for Archway and 13 Packs.

I really do like the "challenging" games, though----are there any others that you can recommend that will not be so easy to win?
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 203
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   

Hi
as a postcript I now have the moves for archway as well
trick is to clear the 3rd from left pile( which has the bottom card as ah then quite easy but not so easy to get to there though
the games I cannot yet win are Binary star not to hard ,Boudoir impossible british Canister even more impossible forwards and backwards, german patience,kings and aces picture patience queens and jacks, robert and spaces and aces
other very hard games are Diavolo Crossroads eighty thieves fourteens interchange one234 waxing moon forty nine the plot and I think my favorite to get out is cone
I do have the moves for some of these as well
hope this helps
and I have just noticed I have just played my 20,000 game with 6750 wins and 13250 loses in 5 years

Bye Paul
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 8:22 pm:   

Paul, they look like most of the games in the "Very Hard" and "All Luck" categories. I am going to go through all of them--I really do like the challenges but it is nice to win one once in a while--
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 8:25 pm:   

Paul, another really hard one is "Matrimony"--I am enjoying that one but it is hard to win! Most of the time I don't even come close!
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   

I have won Matrimony a few times, but when I used to play it with real cards, I won it only once. I have not yet won Thirteen Packs, which is another game I used to play with cards. We called it "Bone",and I won it from time to time. I am really having fun with Fair Lucy at this time, and can win every fourth or fifth layout, but not the first time I play it. I am still eagerly awaiting the next version of Action Solitaire, which I really love.
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 5:24 am:   

I haven't played any Solitaire with real cards in such a long time, I think I've forgotten how to set it up--hahaha! I have a couple of Solitaire books but they're gathering dust too---

Do you remember the game number with which you won MAtrimony? ANd Fair Lucy? I like to keep the winnign numbers for the games handy so that if I get really frustrated, I can refer to them and win once in a while. But I really like to win on my own, if you know what I mean.
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 6:52 am:   

The numbers are available in the statistics field.
I have won 7 of 347 games of Matrimony. I have played it a lot, since it was one of my favorite sols, when I used to use cards. (Now, all I do with real cards is play duplicate bridge.) Most recently I won #631586881.

I just started playing Fair Lucy in November, and have won 14 of 107; also 3 of last 10. Try # 1748299520.

I prefer non-traditional games, such as those 2, Maze, Gaps, Clover Leaf, Cruel, Scorpion, and Fifteen Puzzle, to list some of my favorites. I always like to hear about good games I may not have tried.
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 8:07 am:   

Paul, I knew you were a good player, but until your recent post, I didn't know how good. You have a 34% winning average. After playing 12000 games, I only have a 14% winning average (and a lot of those wins are with your help!)
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 206
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 5:20 pm:   

Hi
for matrimony I have only won it once with 1395712000 and Fair lucy 1462664192
paul
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 6:45 am:   

thanks, Paul--will file them away for when I get completed annoyed with it--hahaha!
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 6:47 am:   

thank you, Jerralyn--
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   

a few more fair lucy- #576959297,601279489,2102557440,665917057

Ken
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 5:11 am:   

thanks, Ken--

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration