Don`t know if this has been asked. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Don`t know if this has been asked. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Keith Stokes
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.7.60.119
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 6:25 am:   

Is there an option anywere in the game that will tell you when there are no more legal moves left in a game. I have sat here hours just looking at the screen wondering if there are any moves left and also wondering if the last game I ended had any legal moves left that I missed. I have version 10.0.2.

Thanx in advance.

Keith.

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 10:45 am:   

>Is there an option anywere in the game that will tell you when there are no more legal moves left in a game.

Not directly (as far as I know), but you can often use the 'Hint' feature to find legal moves that you may have missed. There is, of course, no guarantee that those moves are particularly useful. :-)
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 374
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 1:45 pm:   

Thomas said years ago that this couldn't be done beacuse there are so many games. But a few days ago I played Putt Putt for the first time - and there it was! "Lost Game! Do you want to resign?"
I wonder if this announcement exits in orther games too.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 10:26 am:   

There's an extremely small number of games in the collection which do give you that "Lost - try again?" thing. From the effect on stats, it would seem that if you do retry and then immediately leave the game without any moves, it counts as a restart rather a new game, since the lost game doesn't show up.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 909
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 1:10 pm:   

There are a (very) few games that will tell you when you have lost. But in general, there it doesn't tell you.

In most games, if you do the Hint and it doesn't make a move, that tells you there are no moves to be made. This won't work in every single game in every situation, but it will in most games.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 383
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 2:20 pm:   

If Mike is right, and in these few games the lost game doesn't show up in the stats, that's different than in the usual games that don't display the "Lost".

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration