Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Card Backs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   

Hi, this may really be a dumb question but is there any way to use or create cardbacks not shipped with PGS? I've already found out how to use my own backgrounds but this beats me.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 4:27 pm:   

Yes, there is. In order to create card backs or card fronts, you need to know quite a bit about creating images. If you do know this, you can download our card set template from <http://www.goodsol.com/files/cardformat.zip>.

This zip file contains .bmp images of the format that graphics must be in to create a card set out of them. If you have a graphics creation program, you can then create a card set and card backs using these existing images as a template. There are 3 sizes of cards and there must be images for all the sizes, and they must be precisely in the format of the template files.

Then email me the images (zipped up, please) as an attachment to support@goodsol.com. Also send an email without an attachment to me to tell me to expect the email with the attachment, else the email with the attachment will almost certainly be deleted sight unseen, due to the large amount of virus emails we receive. If the images are in the proper format, I will create a card set out of the images and send it to you.
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 12:32 pm:   

Do the grpahics have to be for this many different card backs?

What if we want to just make and contribute cardbacks only? I understand that you'll need teh three sizes, but we should also (if we want) make new faces as well?

My ultimate question, if we have an idea for ONE ne card back do we have to submit a whole bunch of them?

Frank

Post Number: 178
Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 2:14 pm:   

>Do the grpahics have to be for this many different card backs?

No, you can have fewer and I can drop them in with the other regular card backs. You could change just the card backs, but that still requires making a new card set for them.
Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 2:41 pm:   

> There are 3 sizes of cards and there must be images for all the sizes, and they must be precisely in the format of the template files.

I've downloaded the templates and it's fun to create new card backs. I've decided to do all 16 card backs in all sizes of course.

If you create a card set from them, will those card backs replace those already there or will they be additional ones? I don't really want to replace all existing ones, some are quite good.

Post Number: 194
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 1:51 pm:   

>If you create a card set from them, will those card backs replace those already there or will they be additional ones?

They would replace the existing ones.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration