Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » The Plot « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Elaine Benton (Solo777)
Solitaire Player
Username: Solo777

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 1:12 pm:   

I thought that an Ace could only go on a 2. But I was playing The Plot today and I had Aces on the screen and the Kings could go on top of the Aces. Is this new or maybe I just never noticed it before? Thanks in advance for the help.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 958
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 5:55 pm:   

The Plot does allow wrapping from Ace to King (it has to, because the foundation piles can start with any rank, not just ace).
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:44 am:   

If when I open a game in Plot it looks unwinnable, how do I start another game without having the game that is unwinnable enter statistics of 1. If I close the game and try to select another game #, I keep getting the unwinnable game back again, and I have to play it even though I know I'm not going to get a score.
Thomas Maynard (Tmaynard)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tmaynard

Post Number: 73
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:52 am:   

There are pathological deals (i.e. unwinnable games) in Triple Line, a game I play frequently.

When I see an unwinnable game I just click on "New" and get a new deal without moving any cards in the original -- with no changes to the statistics. Other games should behave similarly.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3571
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:54 am:   

Hi Kathy, Provided you have not played a card you just click the "New" button and it will deal another set of cards. The minute you move a card that game will be recorded inthe stats. Once you have made a single move it is too late.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 550
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:55 am:   

Hi Kathy

if you do not make a move then start another game it should not appear in your stats, however a single move means the game has started and goes onto your scores
you may want to try game 1115340800 as this is one of the few we have found to be winnable

Paul
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   

Everyone's answers are good, just do a new game before making any moves.

There is one caveat, though. Make sure you have "AutoPlay at start of game" off in options. If this is on, AutoPlay may make a move for you and you won't be able to escape from the game without any moves made.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration