Score's submission Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Score's submission « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Luka
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 212.62.63.83
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 8:45 pm:   

Some error keeps poppin out. Its either Code 400 or 401 sayin submission failed. i cant figure out whats the problem.

(Message approved by admin)
David Thomas Flounders (Davetf)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Davetf

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 8:25 am:   

I am now having the same problem, despite having previously been able to submit statistics and having an active Internet connection. Whatever the problem is, it also results in my application returning to an unregistered version and I have to re-enter the details. Is there a solution to this problem?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 8:31 am:   

That error means that something is blocking the application from accessing the internet. This could be that the internet connection is not working, or a firewall is blocking the game from accessing it.

An application returning to unregistered status indicates that something happened to the computer to cause it to lose the the registration information (hard drive crash, reinstall of Windows, Registry issue, etc). You just need to type in your code again to restore it.

New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   

The two problems are definitely related. The Error Code message appears and as soon as the error message is dismissed and the registration data checked I find the registration details are cleared. I can assure you that the internet connection is OK, there is no Firewall problem as previous submissions have been accepted and the firewall settings are exactly the same. Something has changed in the score submission system in the previous 8 weeks
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:25 am:   

I don't know what could be happening if it isn't an internet connection issue - nothing has changed with the score submission system in over 3 years.
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 1:55 am:   

This problem has now appeared since January 20th on 3 different machines. my desktop at home, my laptop and my desktop at work (don't tell the boss) and with different firewalls and different internet connections. The resetting of the registration data immediately follows a failed attempt to submit scores.
Nicola Candeloro (Radius4)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Radius4

Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:05 am:   

The internet connection runs under router, nevertheless I submitted statistics nearly 2 years ago(my username at that time was nikkiel and you can find it in freecell list). I tried to reinstall the software and the registration code. The problem remains.
New Solitaire Player

Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   

Im still in trouble with submitting score even if
escluding all firewalls. Suspecting the problem
related to my CPU (AMD 2.00 GHz, Ram 512
MB) inefficiency against the 600 solitaire
software,I bought "most popular solitaire" where
I started to play. At the moment I'm going for
the 50 games. A question: is there any known conflict between windows XP in Italian language and PGS in English?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   

>Im still in trouble with submitting score even if escluding all firewalls. Suspecting the problem related to my CPU (AMD 2.00 GHz, Ram 512 MB) inefficiency against the 600 solitaire software,I bought "most popular solitaire" where I started to play.

I am unclear what you mean by the above. Are you able to submit scores with Most Popular Solitaire?

Your system is certainly fast enough to run Pretty Good Solitaire without difficulty and, in any event, that should not have any affect on network functionality (which operates slower than even the weakest Windows machines).

>A question: is there any known conflict between windows XP in Italian language and PGS in English?

Known conflict? No. :-)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 10:28 am:   

have not experienced the probem since not yet over 50 games.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   

>have not experienced the probem since not yet over 50 games.

It is not necessary to win 50 games to submit statistics; one can do so at any time.

Please try to submit statistics for a game from Most Popular Solitaire to see if there is a difference. (I can at least guarantee a different error message. :-))
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   

Well, Gregg, I followed your suggestion at Most Popular Solitaire. Nothing different from PGS: software freezed after submission so that I had to toterminate the application. :-)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 257
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:17 pm:   

>I followed your suggestion at Most Popular Solitaire. Nothing different from PGS: software freezed after submission so that I had to toterminate the application.

How long did you wait? The program does not freeze, but it will wait for a while before it times out. If you press the 'Options' button on the toolbar (or 'Options|Options...' from the menu) and then select the 'Players' tab, you will see a 'Timeout' setting for each player. This defaults to 15 seconds, after which the program will return if there is no connection.

Since you are seeing the same problem from both PGS and MPS, it is almost certainly a firewall issue, assuming (of course) that you are posting here from the same machine (proving that the connection is working).

Of course, if you do not have a working Internet connection on that machine, then that would explain it, too. :-)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   

Gregg, Who are we rooting for in the BB game tonight? Since we're BIG 10 alum, we should be rooting for OSU (but they're OSU!!), and I live in Florida now, but still...
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 258
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   

>Who are we rooting for in the BB game tonight?

Go Buckeyes!

:-)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 2:53 am:   

Ah Gregg, The Big 10 down in flames in football AND basketbll!!!!!
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:06 am:   

Yup,

but as a FSU grad I will never hear the end of this......
Jacqueline Clindinin (Jacquec)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Jacquec

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 10:17 am:   

I have used Pretty Good Solitaire even before I could submit my scores but I like having the ability to submit my scores. Now I, too, am having the same problem. I am using DSL so I am always connected. I used to be able to submit my scores with no problems at all. With version 10 I started getting "Code0:Connection error" but I was able to submit my scores if I pressed the "show online scores button" and the browser was still open before I attempted to submit my scores . With version 11 I can't submit anything even if I use the same method. As with the others I have changed nothing on my computer besides upgrading my software.

I know you said there have been no changes in score submission procedures. Maybe you can point me in a direction that could be causing the problem. I'm using Zone Alarm, AVG antivirus, and Spyware Doctor. I have checked them all to ensure that Pretty Good Solitaire is allowed to go through. Maybe I missed something.
I would like to be able to submit my scores again. I like comparing them and having them compared to other' scores.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   

>I'm using Zone Alarm, AVG antivirus, and Spyware Doctor.

Any of those packages, as well as Windows Firewall (built into Windows XP/Vista), could potentially prevent an outgoing connection, though Zone Alarm is definitely the most likely (as that is its job :-)).

The quickest way to determine whether or not these are at fault is simply to disable each entirely (note, not merely reconfigure) and attempt to submit high scores. If submission works, then you can reenable the software and then attempt to discover the configuration error.

Personally, I would start by disabling just Zone Alarm and see if that works; if not, try disabling all "security" products at once and try again. Of course, remember to enable everything again as soon as you complete the test and do not do anything else while testing.

I can assure you that nothing has been changed in the program or on the server that should cause any change in online score submission, and I regularly submit my scores with no problem (in PGS, AS, PGMJ, and MPS). Unfortunately, I cannot help with specifics of the programs you mentioned, other than with this "shotgun" approach.
Jacqueline Clindinin (Jacquec)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Jacquec

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   

I will try doing those things but I do not see why they would be the problem now when they have been there when I could submit my scores. I will try it though because maybe one of their upgrades is the problem.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 11:08 am:   

The answer, I think, is in your question. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration