Game selection bug? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Game selection bug? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Thomas Maynard (Tmaynard)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Tmaynard

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   

From the main PGS game-selection screen, if the list of games requires a scroll bar (e.g. "All Games"), then selecting the bottom game in any column will instead select the game *beneath* the bottom game.

For example, in "All Games" on my display the bottom game is "Apophis." If I click on Apophis, the selected game will actually be "Applegate" -- the game immediately below Aphophis.

It's quite reproducible.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 452
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 2:47 pm:   

This is interesting, it confirms my very old wish to fix the main games page so you'll be able to scroll with the wheel on the page and not only on the scrollbar. But in MPS this works, so I hope this will be the same here.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   

OK, that only happens if you click on a game name that is only partially visible.

This is the way the windows control that the list uses works, so there's nothing I can do about it.

The game list will be changing in the new rewritten version as Rachel points out, so this will not happen in it.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   

If by "partially visible" you mean that the separator line between that game and the next lower (invisible) game is not displayed, then I agree.

It's obviously not a huge problem, but it has surprised me a few times when the game that opens is not the one I (thought) I chose.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   

In fact, by stretching out the window so that the bottom game's separator line *is* visible (just a few pixels is all it takes), then the problem goes away.

Thanks for the tip!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration