King's Way scoring? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » King's Way scoring? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:20 am:   

This is an interesting one to play, but the scoring's got me baffled. Nearly always, a winning game has a LOWER score than a great but non-winning game.

Perfect score, if my mind's still working, should be 104 less the 8 kings, or 96. But a winning game is typically 91.

Does it have something to do with moving aces from the "main" waste to the aces pile at the bottom for credit towards a redeal? In that case, I'm guessing you could only score 96 if you were lucky enough to be able to retain all aces in the waste and still win.

Oh, and in the stats a winning game never shows in red, like it does in most other games. I'm guessing that the game-machine is "hard-wired" to relate color-coding for winning to score, which is a little inappropriate in this oddball case?
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   

Hi
this puzzles me as well
my top scores are 95 94 94 94 94 93 93 and I show 2 wins so I do not know which ones I did win
Paul

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration