Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Strategy+ « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   

when I'm about to place a card, from the deck. I just touch it and the next card in the deck flies upon it That's most disconcerting. Is it the way the game goes, Thomas, or has part of my PGS become corrupted? If it has, what can I do, without losing my wins? Backing up doesn't help. Bye Audrey
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   

That's the way Strategy and Strategy Plus work. Both games operate entirely by clicking (no drag and drop), since the movements are very simple. You just click on where you want the next card to go. Since there isn't anything else you can do in the game, there's no need for drag and drop.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 6:25 pm:   

Excuse my lack of clarity, I wasn't trying to drag and drop. There was a situation with an ace on the foundation and the 3, and 2 on the tableau. I clicked the 2 to send to the foundation whereupon the next card from the deck jumped on it. Can't do any building at all that way, can you? Bye Audrey
David S Raley (Raleyd)
Solitaire Player
Username: Raleyd

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   

In Strategy, the rules don't allow you to play non-aces to the foundations until there are no more cards in the deck.

RaleyD
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 8:18 pm:   

Thanks, David. I'd missed that. Bye Audrey
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 9:39 am:   

Yes, as David said, you can't play anything to the foundations in Strategy until all the cards have been played to the tableau. This is what gives Strategy and Strategy Plus their unique character - you have to place the cards in the tableau in such a way that they will all move up at once at the end of the game. The goal is to avoid placing cards so that is a block that stops this from happening.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration