Perpetual Motion redeal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Perpetual Motion redeal « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   

Like just about everyone else, I like to play with "real" cards once in a while. The computer's handy for neatly shuffling and dealing multi-decks, keeping nice neat rows and columns, and of course not occasionally dropping cards on the floor, but real cards (and their problems) are a nice change once in a while.

Could we please get a more detailed description of how the cards are picked up and then redealt when you hit "Redeal" in Perpetual Motion? The rules simply describe it as a complex process, and this is one game that might be a nice time-killer also with real cards.

I suppose I could answer my own question simply by turning the animation speed way down and watching closely, but that takes all the fun out of it. Pretty please?

Thanks, and best,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 300
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:41 am:   

When doing Perpetual Motion by hand, you take the pile on the far right and put in on top of the pile to its left, and so on moving to the left until you have all the cards in one pile. Then you turn the cards over (face down) and deal them out 4 at a time again.

If you want to do solitaire games by hand, the best book to get to describe rules is The Complete Book of Solitaire & Patience Games by Albert H. Morehead & Geoffrey Mott-Smith. It's an excellent book on solitaire and the book most reliably available in any bookstore.

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 1:00 pm:   

A lot simpler than it looks -- or for that matter, than it sounds in the rules.

Thanks, Thomas
pgs348
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 10:18 pm:   

But it seems like the redeal process, through what I see, it goes through the piles from direct right of the main pile, proceeds left, then reverses the order of cards in the main pile, then turns them face down. Am I wrong about this? It seems that's what I see in Perpetual Motion.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 309
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 3:37 pm:   

The computer has to go through some contortions to similate what is very easy to do by hand. To match turning over the deck, it has to reverse the order of the cards. It looks more complicated on the computer, but it's just doing the same thing as by hand.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration