Alternate way to select cards? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Alternate way to select cards? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Patty Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 6:52 pm:   

Hi, I love your card games. I can play for hours. I play so much that my hand gets tired of reaching for the mouse. Is there an alternate way to select the cards without reaching for the mouse, such as using the space bar? I've tried that and it doesn't work.

If there were another way to select the cards without the mouse it would be easier when I play on my laptop, too. Most of the time I don't play on my laptop because it's such a hassle messing with the mouse.

Thanks for your help.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 318
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:20 am:   

> Is there an alternate way to select the cards without reaching for the mouse, such as using the space bar?

No, there isn't, but you can right click on cards to move them, which really saves mouse movement.

I highly recommend trackball mice instead of a regular mouse. I use a trackball mouse, where instead of moving my entire hand I just move the trackball with my thumb. It results in a lot less hand movement, which is really important when you are on the computer all day. In addition, trackball mice usually have 3 mouse buttons, so you can use the middle button undo feature. Trackball mice are only about $20-30 and well worth it.
Patty Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 3:11 pm:   

Thanks for the tip. I tried right-clicking and it does help some. I'll check out that trackball mouse.

Once again, thanks for a great game and wonderful support!

rachel cohen (Rachel)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 2:51 pm:   

" I play so much that my hand gets tired of reaching for the mouse. "

I haven't reached my hand for the mouse for ages. I have a small board or cardboard on my lap with the mouse pad on it. No effort at all to lift your hand or turn your chair to the table (I have the TV behind my back and sometimes I glance at it so I turn the chair). Also space for more clutter on the table. I do the same at work in the office.

Actually I don't use a pad, but one of these flannel-like kitchen rags taped to the board. It's much better, both for regular and for optical mouses/mice.

Thats's my laptop.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 11:00 am:   

Is it possible in PGS-FreeCell for example to make it like the Microsoft version, so you click a card and then click where you want it to go and the computer does the rest?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 418
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 5:03 pm:   

Essentially right-clicking will do that, but with just one click instead of two. It should move the card where you want it to go most of the time.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   

My mistake I didn't elaborate more.

I mean you click a card where the row of suits is, eg. 6S, 5D, 4C so you click the 4C which gets highlighted and then you click onto a row where the last card is 7D and then 6S, 5D, 4C will automatically shift themselves to make 7D, 6S, 5D, 4C. So essentially it's for moving lots of cards in just 2 clicks. That's the type of feature i'm talking about (identical to the way Microsoft FreeCell works)
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 10:17 am:   

Hi,

I'm probably in a tiny minority that doesn't particularly like FreeCell, so it's possible this won't work there.

But in most PGS games which permit moving groups of cards (typically sequences), that right-click works for groups as well. Just right-click on that 6S and the 4-5-6 sequence will be moved to the 7D (or 7H, if it's available -- if there's more than one possible destination, the right-click usually picks the left-most one).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration