Names of New Games Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Names of New Games « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 7:21 am:   

Hi All--This is going to sound as though I just came back from another galaxy (not true) but exactly WHAT are the new games now? I have a listing in the appropriate category but I don't know which are really new and which have been added in this latest download--

Thank you--I appreciate your patience and help. And no, I have no been hitting the eggnog early---
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 11:26 am:   

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean newly created games which have never appeared anywhere else before, as opposed to additions which might just not have been included in PGS previously? Actually, each time around the majority of additions are in fact supposedly new games created by Thomas or others.

As far as as I can tell, the New Games category shows all new additions regardless of which definition of "new" you mean.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 11:30 am:   

(Since I can't edit the above, an additional thought here)

I think Thomas will agree that the vast majority of new creations are typically new variations on older games, such as the new one (I forget its name) which is a 2-deck version of Cruel.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 228
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   

Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly or I am all wrong--I thought each "update" that is downloaded contains new games to test--there are quite a few in the "New Games" category and I've merely lost track of which ones are newer than others. I hate going through all my "most played" games to try to find out--just lazy, I guess.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 229
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   

Hi--well, some of the games are "new" in that they have never been in the "repertoire--???" of games before. I just wondered which ones were "new" to this latest download or beta test ---
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   

All of the 40 games in the New Games group in version 12 are new to that version.

The new games are Bobby, Bucket, Calculation Klondike, Carol, Cast Out Nines, Dimes, Double Aces and Kings, Double Gold Rush, Double Jane, Easy Diavolo, Eleven Triangle, Flow, Fourteen Demons, Fourteen Peaks, FreeCell Duplex, Friday, Gilbert, Greater Wheel, Huge Spider, Lincoln Greens, Lucky Fan, Microbe, Mrs. Milligan, Muse, Old Arch, Pyramid Dozen, Quadruple Interchange, Quadruple Yukon, Random, Shuffle, Single Plot, Smokey, Stages, Stewart, Suits in Line, Tens Out, Uncanny, Unusual, Up and Up, and Venice.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration