Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 4:58 pm:   

Thomas, can you help?
I solved #515818337 and there they sat in four neat little rows. But! The game wouldn't end and score itself. Finally, I hit next and, guess what happened?
Yes, you're right. My score was only 42 and I got a loss. 1. What happened? and 2. Is the win retrievable? It took me quite a few efforts to solve it and then the genie snatched it back. Sob!
Audrey
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 2:36 pm:   

Are you sure they were all in line in suit? It should have scored that 52. 42 would indicate that something was out of order somewhere.

No, once a game is recorded it is recorded.
Intermediate Solitaire Player

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 3:43 pm:   

I thought so but perhaps two, of a colour were transposed. Rats. Will keep trying. Audrey
Helen C. Crain (Hc_crain)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Hc_crain

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 1:25 pm:   

In PGS, Gaps is supposed to be Very Easy, and I can't get a score over 25. Any strategy tips?

BTW, I played this game on the Mac as Montana. When the cards were redealt, all the spaces appeared directly to the right of the ordered cards. I was able to win.

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 4:07 pm:   

Glory, glory. I finally solved a Gaps game. It's
classed as very easy but I'm a bit thick! It was
#75727497 and I did it from the first deal.

I still can't solve Waxing Moon, even the one that I
was given as solvable. Perhaps in a smarter incarnation? I'm not even trying the Action games since I need all the time that I can get! Audrey

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:49 am:   

Although it says Very Easy, that refers to the percentage possibility of winning. Gaps can be won nearly every time, so it qualifies as Easy on that. But it may not be actually simple to do it.

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:45 am:   

A couple of Gaps' tips. Don't bare your Kings until no other moves are possible. Resist the chance to fill a string of empty spaces; it's often better to
move one card then pause to assay all routes.

Audrey
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 2:39 pm:   

I have not bought the game as yet until I learn all I want about the game. One thing: regarding the scoring. How does the scoring adds up your scoring? I have been playing several game and my statistics of the games I plaid are from the highest score is 104. Is that the max. 104 scoring one can get and or is there a way to get more scroing and how do one submits his or her scores? Does one adds up all his or her scores in all the game plaid or is there a way to get total scores of all the games one has plaid?

Diana
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   

The score of any game is the number of cards successfully played and in effect discarded -- played to foundations, taken out in pairs, etc.

So typically a perfect score for a single-deck game (assuming it's a full deck) is 52, for a 2-deck game is 104, etc.
Steen Kastoft Hansen (Steenkh)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Steenkh

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 3:46 pm:   

Some time ago I had a private correspondance with Thomas Warfield about Gaps. Thomas, you admitted that your implementation of Gaps shuffled the cards differently from the way it is usually done (thus making a much more difficult game), and you promised to change it one day.

Will the standard shuffle appear soon?
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 11:49 pm:   

The best GAPS is in Action Sol, where there is strategy, combined with luck. The gaps appear to the right of the aligned cards, following a reshuffle, and the reshuffles are endless, unless/until time runs out. It is just a great game
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 1:34 am:   

No doubt Gaps is great in Action Sol, but the gaps should appear to the right of the aligned cards in PGS too. This is also the reason why it is listed as "easy" although because of the wrong shuffle, it plays as "difficult".

Post Number: 670
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 2:05 pm:   

Yes, the current Gaps implementation in PGS is non-standard. I imagine we will change PGS to be similar to the way Action Solitaire does it - it has both shuffle methods, one called Gaps and one called Montana. However, this won't be happening in the next version as that version is already done.
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 5:41 pm:   

I am looking very much forward to that version! Thank you.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 128
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 2:29 pm:   

I checked the high scores of Gaps. I's very obvious that some players did the two redeals, and others (I guess most) did the unlimited redeals. This really shouldn't be on the scores of the same game.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration