Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Fair Lucy « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 2:58 pm:   

Hi--has anyone ever won this game? I've been playing it off and on for months and can't seem to get anywhere--any hints? And many thanks----
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 3:58 pm:   

Hi Frances

I have just won it once with game 1462664192

Paul
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   

I've played Fair Lucy 50 times, and won 24 of them. Try # 1973849343 and 1973849344
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 5:29 pm:   

I really used to like playing Fair Lucy, and posted a percentage of 46, with 23 wins and 27 losses, which is still on the list. I started over, thinking I could earn a better percentage, since I had become more successful at playing it. Then some people started posting 100% for Fair Lucy, which I consider impossible in the true scheme of things, so I quit.

I've found that when I can develop a strategy for winning a specific game, I can better my score. I did this in Spider Web in Action Sol, and while anyone could figure this out, apparently no one has done so, and I still have the top score.

My best recollection of winning Fair Lucy was to snapshot when I had an option of where to place the cards, and unsnap when my first choice didn't work. I also wrote down where the aces were, and started over when I came to a block, at least knowing where they were. I'm sorry I have no game numbers for you, but my computer failed last November, and I lost everything. I had to reinstall my XP operating system and start over. Good luck!
Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 260
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 5:57 am:   

Thanks to all of you for your help but right after I posted my message I won Fair Lucy! So now it's on to bigger and better things---thanks again!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration