Had to reformat! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Had to reformat! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Robert Potts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 8:41 am:   

I just had to reformat and re-install all mprograms on hard drive. I have already requested my serial number to be sent to me. My ? is: I was nearing 4000 games on Klondike and was updating regularly to the Top Scores, but now I amback to 0. Is there anyway to back up my high scores to a separate disk incase I have to do another complete reformat and reinstall. Thanks Bob
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 11:45 am:   

Hi Bob,

There's a "Games" folder somewhere (possibly nowhere near the program itself) where your PGS game histories are saved.

The location of the folder varies according to which Win version you're running. Several times Mr. Warfield has posted specific info on where to find it, so if you don't get a specific answer here, try the "search" function here to turn up the postings that way.

Best,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 555
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 1:33 pm:   

You can back up the game's data folder.

In version 7.2 and earlier, the data folder is the Games folder under the main program folder (for the Quest Edition, this would usually be C:\Program Files\goodsol01\Games).

In version 8.0 and higher, the data folder location depends on the version of Windows. In Windows 98/ME, it is usually the C:\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder. In Windows NT/2000 and XP, it is usually the C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application
Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder, where [Windows User Name] is your user name for Windows.

The reason the data is stored in what appears to be such a weird location is that this is where Microsoft wants application data stored. The application is guaranteed to be able to write to this folder, which is not the case with the old location.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration