Triple Peaks Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Triple Peaks « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

shawnstrauss
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 10:46 am:   

Triple Peaks keeps score-by points and win %. You can clear the board but you don't get a win unless you move all the cards from the stock pile to the waste pile. Unfortunately, you lose points each time you move a card from stock to waste. I've played over 15,000 games in Triple Peaks and amassed a score of over 200,000 points but I've only managed to "win" 28 or so games, for a winning percentage of something like .002%. I could win a lot more games by clearing the stock pile but my point total would be in the minus numbers. Am I missing the point here? Also, there appears to be a flaw with the aces. When an ace goes from stock to waste and you click on a king or a deuce to play on the ace, if you miss to object card with your mouse, the ace changes suit. If you click on a blank area of the screen the ace will change back to the original suit but your point total goes up and you can keep clicking alternately on the card and a blank space on the screen and your point total goes up as high as you want. Any ideas?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 557
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 10:11 am:   

"Winning" doesn't mean anything in Triple Peaks, only the cumulative score has any meaning (which is unique among games in Pretty Good Solitaire). The winning is there because all games in PGS are designed with it. Wins and losses should just be ignored for Triple Peaks.

For a better scoring system for Triple Peaks, see our new game Action Solitaire at <http://www.actionsol.com>, it is filled with games of this type.

I've never heard of that display problem, a card should never change suit. It's possible that is a video card driver issue.
Jay York (Jayyork)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Jayyork

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 9:37 am:   

I have had a similar problem with the suit change. Normally just go back, which for some reason puts image of offending card in upper left corner of screen, replay and then all is OK. Happens with both NT and XP Home.

Re "winning" - Triple Peaks says you "win" if you exhaust the stock and your score happens to be 52. Hmmm.... :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration