A buggy Wizard? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » A buggy Wizard? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Bastiko Pradhana (Bastikopradhana)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Bastikopradhana

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 2:51 am:   

In the Solitaire Wizard (PGS, not the other game) for making new games, I've constantly noted that it always fails to make the game that I specify. I double-check all my options, I made sure I put the correct name in, and I even re-click all of the options I want just to be sure. However, when I finally click Finish after all the steps I have taken, Wizard seems to have forgotten all the choices I specify - it either chooses the first option for all options or just chooses randomly. When I click several other options before choosing the right options and creating the game, only then will it create the right game. What gives?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 637
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:37 pm:   

What game is this, and what exactly are the options you are making?
Bastiko Pradhana (Bastikopradhana)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Bastikopradhana

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:13 pm:   

It actually happens with any games that I try to create with the wizard. But this problem became very notorious when I tried to create a 6-pile and an 8-pile regular Klondike (Klondike, 1 Deck, 6/8 piles, no free cells, Ace base cards, build down and move groups of alternate color(Tableau), build up by suit(Foundation), empty spaces filled by Kings, deal 1 to waste pile, unlimited redeals).
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 639
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 1:34 pm:   

I've looked this over and there does seem to be a problem here in version 9.2. I fixed several Wizard bugs already in the upcoming version 10, and it appears that these fixes fixed this as well, as I'm not seeing this happening in version 10.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration