Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Repeating a won gameThomas Warfield 6-17-04  9:55 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 4:04 pm:   

First of all, thanks for the new version of PGS.

I've noticed that the minimum number of games played in order for one's score to be posted is now 5, changed from 50. I hope you plan to change it back to 50 because I can see how some people would play the 5 games, win one giving them a win of 20% and never post their score again for that particular game (especially if it's one of the ones that are extremely difficult to win, like Eighty Thieves or The Plot).
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 680
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 5:02 pm:   

Yes, the minimum will increase from 5 as more games get posted. Whether it winds up at 50 again or even higher will depend on the number of scores submitted.
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 4:56 pm:   

Thomas: I've downloaded, but not yet installed #10 & haven't found the difficulty ratings of the new games. I've made forms to record my wins (once a game is solved I play it no more, leaving it pristine at 100%!!) and I'd like to categorise the new ones before I install v. 10. Is that possible or do you need for some scorings to come in first? Bye. Audrey

Post Number: 685
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 1:22 pm:   

The new games are rated in the help file just as the old games. As always, the percentages for the new games are just estimates and likely off. However, in this version they based on the average scores of the beta testers from the new high scores site, so they are likely more accurate as they are based on some data of multiple players.

Post Number: 72
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 2:32 pm:   

Thanks, Thomas: I've downloaded #10 now and updated my scoresheet. I've attached it for those who like to keep a hard copy at hand. Here it be. Bye. Audrey
application/pdfscoresheet
PGSBlank600.pdf (960.0 k)
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 104
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 4:06 pm:   

Hi Audrey
Thanks again
How many have you got left to do now? I am down to 46

Paul

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 5:09 pm:   

Hi, Paul. I'm not even close to counting those that are left. I've only solved 436 .. with 3 of the 600.
I went winless for ages. Got a score of 80 in Triple
Russian .. can't win it. Medium, indeed. I can't even win the numbers that forum folk give!! To the
garden to eat worms I must go!! Bye. Audrey
Onno Hillebregt (Onno_hillebregt)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Onno_hillebregt

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 6:05 am:   

Hello,

By submitting the scores online, I see a few errors in the line of the total score. In the first line of Ruth A. Hull, the average score must be 104 and not 1. This also in the thirth line.
I have seen this also in the other scoring lists.

Onno

Screen capture

Post Number: 703
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 9:07 am:   

Hi Onno,
The scores are correct. When you see a score with an average score of 1, that actually has a special meaning. I am adding scores to the new lists that are being submitted via the old method, the old cut and paste method in the previous versions. There are still some people using older versions who are submitting scores. I am now submitting these scores to the new lists (if they pass a number of checks). However, one thing about the old score submit is that it did not have any numbers for the average score. So it is always using 1 for the average score for these submits from the old version.

Therefore, any time you see an average score of 1 in the lists, the submission is probably from an old version via the old submission system.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 142
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 4:21 pm:   

1. Now that you can send scores for single games, of course I send only my good scores, I expected others to do the same. But there are lots of scores of players with many games - many more than I ever played, and no win. This doesn't make sense, and also lowers the average.(Making my score seem higher, but it's not real). Are these submitions from the old version, when all the games were sent?
2. I noticed this in Big Dozen, where there are few scores: Only players with more than 30 games are listed, but the statistics apparently count all the submissions. Is that so, and should it be?

Post Number: 725
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 6:07 pm:   

Rachel,

1) You can submit scores for all games at once as before by clicking on the Statistics button the main screen, click on the submit to web button.

2) Only scores with 30 games or more are posted, but all scores count in the totals.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Intermediate Solitaire Player

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 1:01 am:   

I'm no longer able to post my scores. I recently switched to FireFox because of IE's security problems. Do you think that's the cause?

Post Number: 751
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 1:10 pm:   

The posting of scores does not rely on a browser (although of course you need a browser to see the scores pages).

Are you getting an error when you post scores? An error 0, for example, means that the game is unable to find an internet connection.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 2:39 pm:   

I didn't get an error message...my name and score just didn't appear, but it's working fine now.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 11:34 am:   

It happened again, but I did manage to upload the scores after 5 attempts. I'm beginning to think ZoneAlarm may have something to do with it.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 2:44 pm:   

I've Zone Alarm, and no problem with submitting scores. I looked at the Program Control, and PGS was Allowed. I marked instead the Ask - question marks, and immediately when I wanted to connect from the game, ZA asked me if I allow connection. So I don't think that your ZA would stop you in the background without notification, it says that even if you don't ask for alerts, program alerts do appear because they need your approval.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 3:11 pm:   

I've set up ZA to ask permission. It will normally ask just once and then allow uploads until I reboot or start a new session. I just realized that each time the upload failed it had followed a repeat request for permission. In other words, I got 5 requests for permission when I should have gotten only one.

My remedy will be to check the box and always allow uploads. Hopefuloly that will take care of the problem.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:36 pm:   

Still having trouble updating single game scores
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:39 pm:   

There's no rhyme or reason but it worked after multiple tries
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but if I have clicked on the "Show Online Scores" button my score does not update when I click on the "Submit this game's statistics online" button. If I haven't clicked on that button, it does.

I don't remember this happening prior to the latest version.

Post Number: 759
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:10 pm:   

What score do you mean, the score online on the web site or the score on your machine?
Roula Vitakis (Roula)

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:47 pm:   

On the website

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration