Octave scoring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Octave scoring « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:52 am:   

While playing Octave in a Master Quest I got a score of 158 even though I won the game without any redos. Why did I lose 50 points?
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 12:46 pm:   

Just to refresh my memory, this is the one where everything except the J-Q-K's are played to the foundation, and the J-Q-K's have to be in order (in suit) in the tableaux, right?

Most of the games score on the basis of number of cards successfully played to the foundations. So if the particular game is one where certain cards never do get played there (Double or Quits is another that comes to mind), a "perfect" winning score won't represent a full deck and will therefore be less than 52 (or appropriate multiple of 52).
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Username: Roula

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 2:01 pm:   

Yes, that's the game. The J-Q-Ks aren't playable to the foundation. I think because scoring 208 points is impossible, the quest considers the lower score a loss thus ending the quest.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 730
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 9:58 am:   

Yes, that would be the reason why you can't get the full number of points in Octave. Octave should probably not be allowed in Quests, there are a number of games that aren't in Quests for various reasons.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration