Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Buried Seven « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sali Cosford Parker (Scp)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Scp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   

Please! Has anyone ever won this game??? Ever??
It's making me nuts!!!!
Zotmeister
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.0.211.81
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 9:17 pm:   

Apparently, Gregg has solved the first two Climb Mode boards, and accepting the challenge I solved the first myself. Yeah, that's pretty tough - it took me about eighteen minutes, sixteen of which were trying to figure out the proper way to start.

Are hints discouraged on this forum? - ZM

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 4:05 pm:   

>Please! Has anyone ever won this game??? Ever??

Yes, I have won with this layout. As with all tile matching layouts, a deal is guaranteed to have a winning solution if the '[Guaranteed] Winnable' option is enabled, and always in Climb Mode. Check the 'Options' menu within the game and confirm that there is a check mark next to the 'Winnable' option.

>It's making me nuts!!!!

Make sure that the layouts are guaranteed winnable (as above), and then try restarting or using the bulk undo feature until you find the right solution. Hint: Sometimes the "obvious" move leads one in the wrong direction. :-)

If you still have problems, post the game number here and perhaps we can give you some hints.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 4:14 pm:   

>Apparently, Gregg has solved the first two Climb Mode boards, and accepting the challenge I solved the first myself.

Yes, my average for this game (in 3 wins) is 3:20.0, which means that the games were fairly straightforward for me, although I may have restarted a few times (resetting the timer) in my 'guaranteed' game.

I have won every single official layout at least twice, since I submit the initial scores to the high score server. I find that most games take a few minutes, but every once in a while I get stuck on a layout that takes a long time. The worst was Large Hexagon #2, which took me well over an hour to solve (in Climb Mode).

>Are hints discouraged on this forum?

Absolutely not. Hint away! :-)

Sali Cosford Parker (Scp)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Scp

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 11:42 pm:   

Okay - I'm not sure if you guys are scary or encouraging! But I'll keep trying. (Winnable is checked - but I need to check out this Climb Mode thing)

Thanks, everyone! --The "Rank Amatuer"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration