NCAA Final Four - PGMJ style Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » NCAA Final Four - PGMJ style « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   

As an item of peculiar interest, the NCAA Final Four (in college basketball) this year features Thomas Warfield's team, Illinois, the Fighting Illini. This team is represented in PGMJ with the "Illini" layout.

The other side of the bracket features my favorite college team, Michigan State. The MSU Spartans are represented in PGMJ by the "Block 'S'" layout.

I do not recall any layouts for either North Carolina or Louisville, so if you are a Tarheel or Cardinal fan, fire up the Layout Editor soon. :-)

I predict that Illinois and MSU will each win their games on Saturday, in which case they will meet on Monday for the NCAA Championship. (For those outside the United States, this is the culmination of a really big sporting event here in the US.)

It may be a little quiet around here for a few hours on Monday evening... :-)
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 64.178.5.22
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:54 pm:   

Greg, I can't wait for the football season to start so that my team (the Iowa Hawkeyes) can kick some Illini and Spartan booty! (Good luck to the BB teams this weekend!)

(Message approved by admin)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:13 pm:   

As an FSU grad I must pull for North Carolina and the ACC. The 'Noles would be happy to take all comers in football.

Ken
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 1:42 pm:   

>I can't wait for the football season to start so that my team (the Iowa Hawkeyes) can kick some Illini and Spartan booty!

If the weekend plays out the way I expect, your Hawkeyes will be able to boast about being the team that took the National Champions out of the Big 10 Tournament. :-)

As of Tuesday, Michigan State became only the 6th college in history to have both their men and women in the (respective) Final Fours in the same year. The Spartan women had never made it past the second round before this year. We have lots of cheering to do over the next several days.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 172
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 1:46 pm:   

>As an FSU grad I must pull for North Carolina and the ACC.

You will have Dick Vitale in your corner, which means that most otherwise neutral fans will be pulling for MSU. :-)

>The 'Noles would be happy to take all comers in football.

They will make me happy by just taking out the Gators each year.
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 4.247.236.69
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 9:12 am:   

Gregg, How are you holding up? At least the Spartans played a good game (especially in the first half!) GO BIG TEN!

Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 4.247.218.154
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 1:36 pm:   

BTW, congrats to the MSU women! Way to go!

Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 2:03 pm:   

>Gregg, How are you holding up? At least the Spartans played a good game (especially in the first half!)
>BTW, congrats to the MSU women! Way to go!

After a little time for reflection, I am proud of both teams and glad to give them my support.

Unfortunately, we (in East Lansing) are dealing with the aftermath. Unlike in 1999, when local riots (after a Final Four loss) made national news, this year the police decided to "preemptively" tear gas the downtown area. I am certainly not proud of this action. :-(

It really takes the fun out of things when people get stupid (on either side). Therefore, I turn my eyes back to Pretty Good MahJongg. :-)
Robert Tisdale (Grayowl)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Grayowl

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 4:26 pm:   

Greg and Ken, I wish you would find another way to chat. I recive every posting you make, your private mail is of none of my concern but it pops up in my in box.
in advance thanks Grayowl
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 2:09 am:   

>I wish you would find another way to chat. I recive every posting you make, your private mail is of none of my concern but it pops up in my in box.

Our conversation was posted in a public forum (for Pretty Good MahJongg) and not intended to be private email.

The reason that you are receiving these messages via email is that you chose to do so in your forum profile. To change this, go to 'Edit Profile' on the forum, which takes you to http://www.goodsol.net/cgi-bin/forum/board-profile .cgi (Profile Editor). Simply log in and change the settings under 'E-mail Notification'.

I am sorry that you were bothered by our postings, but I can assure you that this was never my intent. :-)
Cheryl J Hansen (Sleeppro)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Sleeppro

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 10:02 pm:   

I have tried 3 times to download the new 2.1 version-with no luck. I have followed the links and even went to my version and clicked the downloaded the new version under Internet button and still only have the 2.0 version. Am I missing something? Thank-you and God Bless,
Cheryl J
Cheryl J Hansen (Sleeppro)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Sleeppro

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   

How foolish, I tried to post something saying thanks for showing me the way to stop getting your personal chat messages, and somehow this post that I thought was posted several months ago got posted-sorry I have downloaded and am using the 2.1 version of PGMJ and enjoy it very much-I just don't enjoy getting these foolish posts about basketball and has nothing to do with PGMJ so again Thank-you for sending a post on how to change our preferences. I now will get no such silly posts.

God Bless,

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration