Pyramid of Wild Dragons Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Pyramid of Wild Dragons « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Alex
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.204.144.32
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 1:58 pm:   

What game is "Pyramid of Wild Dragons" based on? I remember some card game from my childhood which was very similar to it. Can you help me to find name and rules of this card game?

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:34 pm:   

>What game is "Pyramid of Wild Dragons" based on?

Actually, Pyramid of Wild Dragons was a completely original game designed, by Thomas Warfield, specifically for Pretty Good MahJongg.

As I understand it, his inspiration was reversing the idea of tile matching, where a pyramid or other layout is torn down, so he designed a game in which rules are followed to build a pyramid instead. (Obviously, we included a few variants.)

>I remember some card game from my childhood which was very similar to it. Can you help me to find name and rules of this card game?

I cannot think of any card game which uses a similar mechanic, but please let us know if you figure out the game you are remembering.

Not much help, I know... :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration