The "Is It Winnable?" Thread Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » The "Is It Winnable?" Thread « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

pgs348
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 128.138.85.64
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:26 pm:   

Well, I need to request some help on a specific game.

The game is Wall Pairs, and the game number is #548543140. I've tried and tried and tried but just can't seem to win this game. Can anyone help?

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 8:24 pm:   

>Well, I need to request some help on a specific game.

You have come to the right place. :-)

>The game is Wall Pairs, and the game number is #548543140. I've tried and tried and tried but just can't seem to win this game. Can anyone help?

This particular game is winnable, as I just managed to do it (after several tries). The trick is to concentrate on the Red tiles, since they seem to be the most dispersed. I started by taking out the first three pairs of Red and then bringing the individual Red tiles together.

There is not (yet) an established method for publishing the moves for this game, so it is a little difficult to describe exactly how I did it, but I have the game saved. If you do not succeed knowing that it is winnable and how to start, reply here and I will either document the moves or post my gave saved with only one pair remaining.

Just to be clear, the tiles in Wall Pairs are always available in even numbers, but there is no guarantee that every game is winnable. (This game number definitely is, however.)
pgs348
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 128.138.86.153
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 12:16 am:   

I got the tip and I won the game!

Thanks, Gregg.

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 213
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 4:03 pm:   

>I got the tip and I won the game!

Congratulations!

>Thanks, Gregg.

You are very welcome. I am glad I could be of assistance.

Thanks for playing! :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration