Tilesets - making your own? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Tilesets - making your own? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 2:13 am:   

Pretty Good MahJongg - looks interesting
I'll consider buying it when you can make your own tile sets (you can do this in several other solitaire mahjongg games)

Kind regards vkp
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 301
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:44 am:   

At the moment we don't have a method for making your own tile sets, although we'll probably soon have a way similar to the way you can make card sets. It will require sending the artwork to us so we can compile it. Making a tile set is even more complicated than card sets because there are 5 different sizes of tiles, so you need 5 different sizes of the artwork for each tile.
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 7:31 am:   

In the earliest Mahjongg game I can remember (Nels Andersen's Mah Jongg circa 1996) you could design tiles ripped from a BMP file and they were SCALABLE. I also wrote a program (not for Mah Jongg, mind you) that rips tiles and compresses them to a 16x16, 256-color format (a la the old 8-bit Nintendo format). This enabled me to "create" tilesets based on screen captures. The program was in c++ and included on the GAME PROGRAMMING STARTER KIT 4.0 CD (ISBN 15759554133-1) c 2000 Macmillian USA, Inc. You might wish to check it out... :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration