Looking for a game for my father Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Find a Solitaire Game » Looking for a game for my father « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mithel
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 64.235.206.114
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 12:53 am:   

He saw it played once, and regrets not asking the player how it was done.

The game was played entirely in one hand, no cards need ever be placed on a flat surface, making it ideal for times when no table was available. The cards were moved either foreward or backward in deck, but he knows little beyond that.

I hope someone can help, because I'd really like to surprise him.

(Message approved by admin)
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 6:09 am:   

My sister taught me a game when I was a child, that could be played with the cards held in one hand. She called it Idiot's Delight. It is something like Accordion in PGS.

Hold the deck face down in one hand. Deal the cards one at a time from the bottom, placing the face up card on top of the deck, creating a fan.
When a card matches suit or rank with the one next to it, place it on its match. When a card matches in suit or rank with a card 3 back from it, close all 4 cards into one. Continue in this way, closing the fan as you go. When the game is won, you will have a closed face-up deck in your hand.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration