Help with Game name / software Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Find a Solitaire Game » Help with Game name / software « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Andy Johnson (Rizz)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rizz

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:33 am:   

Hi, i am trying to find the name of a version of solitaire that my Grandad taught me. Also if there is a computerized version of it for grabs anywhere.

Ok the initial setup is very similar to your basic windows solitaire to start with. 7 columns with progressing amounts fo cards dealt on. But then you deal the rest of the pack out on columns 2-7 which gives you several rows of face up cards.

You move according to suit so 6 heart on 7 heart and you can move all the cards underneath of that card when moving it. so if you had a 7 heart clear at the bottom and a 6 heart with jack club 2 diamond under it then you would move so you had a columns with 7,6,J,2.

Hope i explained it ok. Any ideas?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   

That sounds like the game Yukon. Yukon is in Pretty Good Solitaire at http://www.goodsol.com (it even has its own category of games similar to it - there are 26 Yukon type games in Pretty Good Solitaire).

Andy Johnson (Rizz)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:41 am:   

Yeh Yukon is sooo close. Except that you have to play by suits and not black/red. I dont know if theres a specific variation name for that? I know the game is really really hard to beat.
Andy Johnson (Rizz)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:45 am:   

Found it !!

Its Russian Solitaire..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration