Penguin #935 Winnable? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Penguin #245 winnable? » Penguin #935 Winnable? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

CarolAnn (Sunlion7)
Solitaire Player
Username: Sunlion7

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 5:44 am:   

All of a sudden, Penguin won't load! I get an error message from Microsoft: "Pretty Good Solitaire ... has encountered a problem and needs to close." This happens always and only with Penguin, which is my all-time favorite game. I've turned off "Game Saving," closed and reopened several times, and turned the computer off and on again at least half a dozen times.

What to do???
Thanks!
Thomas Warfield (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 9:58 am:   

Try deleting the Peguin.pgs saved game file in the game's data folder, perhaps it is corrupted.

The data folder location depends on the version of Windows. In Windows 98/ME, it is usually the C:\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder. In Windows NT/2000 and XP, it is usually the C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder, where [Windows User Name] is your user name for Windows. In Vista or 7, it is usually the C:\users\[Windows User name]\AppData\Roaming\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder.

An easy way to find the data folder is to click on the start button, select "Run...", and type "%appdata%" (without the quotes) and click on OK. Windows will take you directly to the Application Data area.
CarolAnn (Sunlion7)
Solitaire Player
Username: Sunlion7

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 1:41 pm:   

Ok, I did this, and it hasn't helped. Should I just reinstall? The version I am running is 12.2.0 Do I need to uninstall first? Thanks
Thomas Warfield (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 4:15 pm:   

Reinstalling probably will not help in this situation, it is probably a corrupted data file. If deleting just the penguin.pgs file did not work, you may need to delete all of the files in the data folder.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration