Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Fifteen puzzleEllen M. Duffy 11-24-04  8:46 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Lnduf

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 6:31 pm:   

Has anyone played and won Point Sable 1834008704?
Kenneth Blackwell (Blackie9)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:32 am:   

Yes I tried it and won today. I got it down to only 6 covered cards at the start and kept one open space most of the game. Good luck.

Ken
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 7:10 pm:   

Hi Ken,

thanks. I will try again.

Ellen
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 2:40 pm:   

Hi Ken, Realized I must have completed this game. I had continued onto other point sable without any losses so have to have done it.
thanks.
ellen
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 3:48 pm:   

I see you on the top scores. I lost my three in the first ten and havent lost since. I think Im on the list twice from when I upgraded. Good to have the competition!

Jax ken
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 8:44 pm:   

Hi Ken, Yes, I know what you mean about losing some in the beginning. I've been doing these games on several different computers so it took me ages to get 45 on any one computer. I have a couple of lost games on one of the other computers. Sometimes, I just hit a wrong button - new game when I mean restart - and then get a loss.

Anyway, the games are fun.

What are your favorites? Point Sable was my favorite for some time but now I'm looking for others.

I do fifteen puzzle quite often also.

Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 9:42 pm:   

I have learned to back up my games on CD and update it every week or two. If you put it on a new computer you can transfer some or all of your games. Leave the CD open ended and you can put hundreds of updates on on Cd as you back it up. I have been attacking the "all games won" task lately, its fun after you knock out the easy and medium games. I'm at 64 left. It makes you find out if you like all the games in a snapshot. I like the hard skill to mostly skill the best. I like Accordian, Free Parking, Good Measure, Emperor, Acquaintance is a quick fun easy game but Im stuck at present. I'm playing Lily right now an finding it challenging ang frustrating. I won my first eight, lost four, won eight and have then lost several more. It's a fun game to play over. I've played fifteen puzzle once or twice to get a win, but I'll try it again.

Jax Ken
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 10:26 am:   

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the ideas for good games. I've thought a few times of following what several of you have been doing, that is, trying all games to get at least one win on each. Haven't followed through on that yet. I have a lot of the easy ones won because I used to play a lot of quests. I like doing that also, forced to play a good variety of games that way. I like accordian also but takes a lot of playing to win. I believe I won it once but don't know which computer. May be a computer that is out of action right now.

Great idea about putting the games on cd.

Ellen
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 11:24 am:   

Hi Ken,
If you save a game, how do you put it back up?

Do you open goodsol first? If so, how then do you load the saved game?

If you just try to open from saved drive, do you have to have the good sol program or parts of it on the cd?

Hope you can help me. It seems like a great idea.

What happens if you open it to a game where you have already been playing a game and not won it yet? Will the saved one replace that and call it a loss?

Ellen
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 3:57 pm:   

Accordian is one of those games with kind of a trick to it. When I first played it I tried to save as many of on suit as possible util the end game and it worked ok. I then worked on saving what ever four of a type was close to the end. When you get four of a type to the end its pretty easy.

good luck,

Jax Ken
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 7:53 pm:   

Thanks. I've been trying accordion again. Will now try with your advice.

can you give me any more info on saving to cd and then re-opening? See my questions above.

Ellen
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Intermediate Solitaire Player

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 8:17 am:   

Hi Ellen,

I see you finally cleared your hurdle. Congrads!

Ken
Ellen M. Duffy (Lnduf)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 10:39 am:   

Hi Ken,
I haven't been on here for a while because I have been on other computers. I'm away from home now. Enjoying florida weather instead of NY.

I just posted Point Sable scores and now I see that my old scores are gone. I had three losses recorded on there. they were actually all the one game that I was having trouble with. I never did get that one. In trying to go to other Pt Sable games and save that one for later, I really messed up and ended up getting three losses for just that one.
How're you doing?
I also still have not succeeded with accordian.
Also, there was an Acquaintance that someone had listed as difficult. I've gotten lots of Acquaintances but not that one.

You are definitely a solitaire genius. also I believe there is a female player, maybe named Peg who seems to be great.

Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:37 am:   

Ellen,

Gratz ....a little early on 1000 wins. You persevere!!!

Ken

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration