Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Penguin # 288240737 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ruth Fahrmeier (Parrotperson)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Parrotperson

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 6:37 am:   

Does anyone know if this is winnable? I'm very stuck and have over 1000 wins. Hate to give up unless it is impossible.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 6:58 am:   

OMG!!! I just did it but it popped so fast I didn't redo and figure out how I did it.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6614
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 9:38 am:   

Here is one way to win it Ruth. Finding the optimal opening sequence was not easy.
application/octet-stream
Penguin_288240737_Tricky.pgs (1.0 k)
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 2145
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 9:47 am:   

Yes, it was a nice one. Took me several tries.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6615
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 9:49 am:   

../18/Penguin_2 88240737_Tricky-12463.unk
Ruth,
Go to Penguin like you normally do. There will be a game dealt out in front of you. Ignore it even if it is partially played. (You will not mess up your stats).
Up at the top left of your screen click on "Game" and choose "Open game" from the drop down menu. A new window will appear. Copy the link at the start of this post and paste it into the box at the foot of that window. It will be called "File name" or similar. Then click on "Open". Wait until it connects and you will see my solution.
Before you do anything else go back up to "game" and select "Save as" in the menu this time. You will then have a copy that you can undo and redo to your heart's content.
Don't forget to finish the game off or it will record as a loser.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 12:11 pm:   

Thank you! How do you get to be so good at the strategy? With the hard ones, I leave them for a while so I don't get stuck in the same ruts. Then it is sort of random. I do notice some of the cards that I get stuck on and try to sort them ouyt early....
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6624
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 1:34 pm:   

Mostly you should try and free the card at the top of the leftmost column so that all the foundations are occupied. However, when you come across a particularly bad game it is often a case of just playing it a few times and trying to establish which cards are causing you the most problems, then trying to get as many of them as possible assembled in the same column. There is frequently a lot of trial and error involved. I often do what you do and go back to a problem game a bit later. That often works.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration