Saving your games Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Cheating... » Saving your games « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rik Pierce (Rik_pierce)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Rik_pierce

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 11:54 am:   

I wouldn't say this was cheating, but because I have in the past mistakenly clicked on the "New" instead of the "Restart" which is next to it and sometimes a nanoinch mouse move, I have ruined a perfect run of FreeCell games. I did try and edit the files in the folder FreeCell keeps, but Wiley Coyote Warfield doesn't make it easy. So I've had to start over again. Once years ago I quit altogether when a friend of mine saw the machine on with PGS on the screen and he thought I wouldn't mind if he played a couple games. I've recently rejoined playing this solitaire program and now every day or two I simply save all the files in the folder to a "Saved" subfolder. If a friend comes over a trys a game and quits or if I click on "New" by mistake, I can go back to the saved folder and replace the files loosing only a day or two play.

Maybe Tom might consider including a "Do your really want to quit" buffer when clicking on "New?"

Rik
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   

Rik;
in pgs click options and then click preferences then tick/check the "confirm new games and restarts" box
Rik Pierce (Rik_pierce)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 2:06 pm:   

Hi Mark

On my version of PGS (10.0.2) there is no "preferences" under "options"

Rik
Rik Pierce (Rik_pierce)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 3:54 pm:   

Hi Mark

Woops. I did find it. On the opening home screen of PGS. I was looking on the options screen once a game was chosen. The trouble with this option is that you get a similar message whether starting a new game (scores a loss for you) or restarting the current game (does NOT score a loss) Once I get playing the game, if I mistakenly click on New instead of restart, I'm just as likely to click yes on whatever the message is that comes up. There should be a warning on ONLY the choices that will score you a loss (IMHO)

Rik

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration