Using games that have been uploaded. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Using games that have been uploaded. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 577
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 4:34 am:   

How to use solutions that players have posted to the forum.
Left click on the game number that you're trying to download and file will open. You will then see a very long reference number for it in the address bar.
Highlight all of it and right click and select "copy".
Stay online but you can close the forum. Go to your desktop and open your PGS. Lets say you are trying to download an "Accordian" game. Locate accordian in your games list and click to open that. Once you are in Accordian, look up to the top left of the screen and click where it says "Game". A menu will drop down and you left click on "Open game". A window will open and you will see the cursor flashing in the box called "File name". Right click in this box and paste the long file name into it. Then click on "open" and the online game will run in your PC.
Remember at this point you are just running the online game.You can save it to your hard-drive by going back to the top left and clicking Game, followed by "save as".

This last bit is for Mike Bulter only and refers to the game he was interested in.
You should see the following in the address bar after you left click on the game in the forum.
../18/Dover_Wha t_the_butler_saw_469162977-3199.unk
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   

Hi Richard. I am still getting a pop-up that says
"The game file opened is not a saved dover game". That is not for your link above which I got a different message for. I will try again.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   

I fixed the space in Wha t. And it loaded just fine. Thanks. I can check and see hyour method for solving.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   

Spelling correction. "your"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration