Scorpion II #923934721 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Triple Interchange Part VII » Scorpion II #923934721 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Melissa Boccia (Melissa_b)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Melissa_b

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   

Is this one winnable? I'm up to 39 pts and 5 cards uncovered and still can't do it. Thanks!
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 768
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 4:17 am:   

I'm impressed that you have managed to do so well with this game. I've thrown in the towel already.
The nine of hearts in column two is unmovable as there is no ten in the tableau.
The eight of spades in column three can't be moved because the nine is missing.
This leaves column one, where the six of clubs has to be moved before a new card can be uncovered. It must go onto the seven which is covered by the six of spades. It can't be moved until the two of diamonds is freed up. It must go onto the three which is covered by the ace of clubs. Before you can move that ace, the seven of hearts must be moved onto the eight. This demands that the five of spades must be moved, but this is impossible without moving the five of hearts first. The six is not in the tableau, and is not one of the stock cards either. This leaves the strategy of opening up a column and puting a king into it, and the only one available is the king of diamonds. This door is slammed in your face almost immediately, because you cannot move the jack after you move the queen. The conflict of the QD covered by the 4H in column one, and the 5H covered by the JD in column four, seems impossible to resolve.
I've been unable to uncover any of the hidden cards. There is possibly a flaw in this lazy man's logical approach to your game Melissa, but I can't get my head round it. Sorry. Perhaps some of the other guys can do better.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration