Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Game #0: Different Deals! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Bastiko Pradhana (Pgs348)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Pgs348

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 10:56 am:   

I just checked this and it happens with all the games. Has anybody else noticed that game #0 gives different deals every time you play it?

It's too bad there's not a reliable way to share the winning patterns, if one did occur. Now there's a thought - if only there was a game # seed feature that could let us play more than 2147483648 games.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 281
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:18 am:   

>Has anybody else noticed that game #0 gives different deals every time you play it?

This used to be treated as an invalid deal number, and I suspect that you are now getting a random game among the 2147483647 valid numbers, but the status bar is just refusing to tell you which one. :-)

>Now there's a thought - if only there was a game # seed feature that could let us play more than 2147483648 games.

Seriously, why would anyone want that? If one could finish one game every second, it would still take more than 68 years of non-stop play to complete all of the available deals (for just one game).

Of course, if one could play a deal in only a millisecond, one could exhaust all available deals for a single game in less than four weeks, and it would only take about 45 years to finish all 660 games in Pretty Good Solitaire 11. We will add more games by then. :-)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   

I agree Greg. I have played 344 games of Triple Interchange in three months. Ok, so I won't play them all in my life time. But I may pass the tradition on to my son and his son's or daughters
and maybe by the 5th generation all games will have been played. :-)
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 894
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 3:18 am:   

The whole thing is a complete farce. I'd challenge anyone to play even a thousand games and remember the layout and moves they made in each of them. Making just one different move in a game can completely change it's entire perspective. Why anyone would see the need to play game 0 is quite beyond me. I'm pretty sure that someone in this forum once mentioned playing games using minus numbers. Bet he's got his own padded cell now.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration