Save the Sumatran Rainforest Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Save the Sumatran Rainforest « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:05 am:   

I offer a half-hearted apology for making this post. This has absolutely nothing to do with P.G.S., yet in a way it has something to do with all of us.
The British R.S.P.B. has contacted me saying that I can save an acre of this irreplacable rainforest for just £28 ($60). Liz and myself are taking an acre each, and I urge each and every one of you to visit their website and to do likewise or whatever you can to help.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   

http://www.rspb.org.uk/supporting/campaigns/sumatr a/index.asp
Please visit the site using this link. The video footage there is depressing, but I urge you to watch it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 6:45 am:   

A piece of useless? information for you.
One acre is 90.75 yards of a 53.33-yard-wide American football field. The full field, including the end zones, covers approximately 1.32 acres.
Linda Twort (Twolyn)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Twolyn

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:37 am:   

Will have a look Richard. Not why I am writing though. My son is also called Richard - and his wife's name is Liz. Not statistically unusual I guess - it just caught my eye.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2094
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   

Thanks for looking at this. A word of caution though. They followed up my donation with a request for the upkeep. Well,I've spent a lot more on a lot less worthwhile enterprises.
Re the names, this sort of thing seems to happen to me a lot. Are people with certain names more inclined to marry others with certain names? Intriguing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration