Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

CarolAnn (Sunlion7)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Sunlion7

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   

Help??
Since I upgraded to version 12.0.1 (Pretty Good Solitaire), my autoplay function is really s-l-o-w! I've gone into options and set it as fast as the slider allows, checked that autoplay is turned on, and told it to be on at the start of each game. What am I missing?
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2281
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 3:54 am:   

Hi CarolAnn, This is a copy of a reply Thomas made to someone who had the same problem.

"If you have the speed settings set at the fastest level, then what usually causes the game to be slow is some other running application, usually something that is continuously scanning. Check for other running applications, and its possible it is something that you are unaware of (that is, you may not know it is running)".

"Especially look for anything installed recently".

Hope this helps.
CarolAnn (Sunlion7)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Sunlion7

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:21 am:   

Thanks, Richard. I don't think there's anything running that wasn't running before, but it's worth a check.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:38 am:   

I had a similar problem with our laptop, and it told me I had very little RAM left available. If you run PGS without being connected to the internet at the same time, there is no need to have your anti-virus switched on. They seem to use up a lot of capcity. Also, don't play music CD's at the same time. Be advised though that my knowledge of PC's is pretty basic.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 10:54 am:   

Yes, it is usually caused by something running continuously, often a virus checker. Many virus checkers use a great deal of processor time on unnecessary scans. It can also be something else you don't know about that is running constantly.

Playing a CD with the standard Windows CD player won't have any affect on speed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration