Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Klondike pumpkin « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Momdoyle6

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 12:31 am:   

The midnight oil is burning brightly night after night,I cannot figure out 1762262912 and I truly hope someone has figured this one out,I hate to give up,any ideas???
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2787
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 5:50 am:   

I'm almost certain it's winnable Donna. I can get to a position where I've just one card in the wrong place. Will try again later when I've more time.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2788
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 8:19 am:   

Not so much a Pumpkin....more of a coconut. Finally cracked it. Super game. Thanks Donna.
application/octet-stream
Pumpkin_1762262912_Donna.pgs (6.1 k)
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 9:11 am:   

thank you Richard,I appreciate your attachment,but I have never learned how to decipher that type of "cracking"but since you did find the solution I will just have to keep at it,Bless you and your helpful,and brilliant mind.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2789
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 11:33 am:   

Donna, Please look in the "Is It Winnable" section and locate the thread "Penguin # 21681 is winnable" (fairly near the top). In there you will find instructions on using uploaded games. Every time it mentions Penguin just substitute Pumpkin. Please have a go at it. It's pretty easy and you'll not screw anything up in your PC even if you make a hash of it (which you won't). Please let me know how you get on.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2790
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 2:14 pm:   

If you just want a decent clue to help you on your way, try this. Deciding not to take the 2S from column 1 earlier made a BIG difference.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 5:02 pm:   

DEAR<DEAR RICHARD<I figured it out!!!!Thank you for your encouragement,hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2791
Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   

You're very welcome Donna.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 9:13 pm:   

Well,well here comes the dummy again,hundreds of attempts later,(story of my 3000 some games over the last few years)I come to look for my genius to find out if 210025457 is winnable!!!!!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2801
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 4:50 am:   

My first attempt was an unmitigated failure, but the second one got very very close. I'm sure that it's winnable, but I've not got to grips with the fine tuning yet.
Take care with that word "genius" Donna. Perhaps closer examination would disclose that I'm "using E" or perhaps that I "use gin". Was that a subliminal message from you? Ha!
Looks like we have to go out for a few hours shortly. This may delay a solution.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2807
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:57 am:   

I've had several near things with this game Donna, but I still can't get it to oblige. If I can manage to lose a 5H it will make a big difference. As they are all present at the deal, the only place I think it can be parked out of the road is on the 7H at the top of column 5. I believe that that 7H must not be moved. My best attempts also involve keeping the KS in the last column free to accept another red queen from the stock. I've got loads to do before we go on holiday on tuesday so I've not got as much time as I'd like to spend on it. It may not even be winnable. Ken Blackwell may come to your rescue. He's certain to be working on it.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:49 pm:   

Interesting,my problem has been a lack of jacks,for all the tens and abundance of 9's,and the need for red kings,with no empty columns is baffling,Iam about ready to hit the infamous"new" and I really don't want to be a wimp. If i don't hear from you again,have a simply wonderful holiday!!!!!!!!!!!You are such a great gentleman!!!If Ken chooses to get involved with my stupidity he must be a man of courage. love and hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2808
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 3:10 pm:   

The screenshot was of a reasonable position. Some of the cards on screen are playable to foundations, but make no difference otherwise.

I can also get a column cleared fairly quickly. I'll go and see if I can get back to that and upload a screenshot of that too.
Ken Blackwell is a formidable player, so don't be too quick in wimping out.
We will certainly have a nice holiday, thanks. 2009 has not been nice to us at all.......yet.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 3:22 pm:   

Although I could get a column empty very quickly, with just 8 of a waste, I couldn't find the winning combination of other moves.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 3:43 pm:   

Iam soooooo very sorry to hear you are having a rough year,we will get the prayers going,such a nice gentleman deserves GOOD and NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Prayer chain shall begin soon
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2810
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:37 pm:   

Thanks Donna, but things are already on the mend. Just pray for good weather instead.....Dumfries & Galloway. There is still quite a lot of heavy snow falling about 80 miles west of us. The weather has gone all to pot.
This partial may help someone else to win your game. I made a rationally different start in it and it helped a lot.
application/octet-stream
Pumpkin_210025457_Oh So Close.pgs (6.0 k)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2811
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:48 pm:   

I meant to upload a screenshot. You may decide not to quit when you see how close this is. Just 16 in the Waste. I'm packing it in for the night. My brain is fried.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2812
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 5:41 pm:   

Sometimes I even surprise myself.
application/octet-stream
Pumpkin_210025457_Prayers answered.pgs (5.5 k)

You'll just have to learn how to open this Donna. There is no way on earth I could write out a solution for it. It's far too complex.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2814
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:58 am:   

Donna...If you are still trying to win this game yourself without referring to my solution, perhaps this will help. It took me a while to figure out how to get more of the small red cards into the tableau and avoid them being buried in the waste.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:06 pm:   

sometime when you have a minute,maybe you could tell me how to open and read your stuff.hugzzzzzzzzzzz rest well
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2830
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 2:46 am:   

Donna (I posted this for you previously), Please look in the "Is It Winnable" section and locate the thread "Penguin # 21681 is winnable" (fairly near the top). In there you will find instructions on using uploaded games. Every time it mentions Penguin just substitute Pumpkin. Please have a go at it. It's pretty easy and you'll not screw anything up in your PC even if you make a hash of it (which you won't). Please let me know how you get on.(Click on the "Topics" tab at the bottom left of this page).
Leaving on holiday very very shortly.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2840
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 3:46 am:   

Donna, first off, could you tell me what Windows version you're using? If you care to leave your email address here I'll see if I can get you up to speed with using uploaded solutions. I read somewhere that some scammers use software to scan forums etc looking for these, so don't type in the fancy "at". It will be obvious where it goes.
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 2:51 pm:   

donnadoyle6 verizon.net I have a dell microsoft I
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 2:55 pm:   

dell xp 2002 version
donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 1:11 am:   

dear,DEAR RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tHANX TO YOU,ITS DONE,AND i WILL EMBARK on the next brain hernia. God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2848
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 3:00 am:   

I'm glad I could help you Donna. I look forward to you finding another brain buster in due course. The two that you've posted really gave the old grey matter a work out. Thanks.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration