Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Midshipman 522755073 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player
Username: Sueparot

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 6:51 am:   

Where are you, Richard? I'm stuck again. I've been trying to win this game for about a week.
Can you do it?
Regards, Sue
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2851
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 11:11 am:   

It's giving me problems too Sue. I'll keep working on it, but I hope other players are trying to get there first. Difficult Midshipmans are well worth playing.
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 12:40 pm:   

Hi Richard, I'm glad I found a tricky one for you. I can't get the low number cards out earlier enough in the game. I've been trying on and off for about a week now. It's driving me mad!!
Good luck . . .
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2852
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   

Not being able to get either of the fours of clubs into the tableau is what is causing most of the problems. There are lots of clubs there from the deal so they are choking the columns. At all costs you should avoid introducing any more from the stock. It would be very beneficial if we could liberate the AH early in the game. I'm not surprised you've been stuck on this one for a week. Plodding on.
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   

I'll get the headache tablets ready. You're going to need them! ;-)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 358
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 8:38 pm:   

I must admit im perplexed......
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 4:39 am:   

Oh dear! If you guys can't do it then there's no hope for me . . . !
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 5:23 am:   

I think I was just about to beat it ten minutes ago. I'd just put the KS onto the foundations, I'd two columns clear and I had the waste down to record levels.....then whap! Liz managed to trip a fuse by having almost everything on in the kitchen at the same time. It blew twice more after that. I almost blew a fuse myself when I switched back on and found that the game had vanished. Does this constitute justifiable homicide?
All I can tell you is that I started the game in an unorthodox manner. I'm pretty sure that I refused to play the obvious 10H onto the jack when it appeared, and then brought another 10 into the tableau pdq after that.
I think it is winnable now. I didn't last night. Gonna do some gardening until I calm down.
Don't give up on this one.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2855
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 6:31 am:   

Here is a little inspiration for anyone trying this game. I suspect that may just be KenB.
application/octet-stream
Midshipman_522755073-best.pgs (5.3 k)

As you can see from the screenshot there is a playable JD under the 7C on top of the wastle. Some minor tinkering with card choices could swing this. Now I really MUST do some gardening or I'll be in trouble.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 359
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 9:27 am:   

Whew!!! With out a doubt one of the best.

application/octet-stream
Midshipman_522755073.pgs (7.5 k)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 9:33 am:   

Had it down to 15 and couldnt get to the last card. I could see a 4c under the top card..... Didnt get to look at yours but as is all ways the case we push each other.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 9:55 am:   

Midshipman Richard. When are going to get promoted. Well done guys. I am impresssed. I would not even attempt this game.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 10:21 am:   

HaHa, sounds like when we were kids....WOW Im impressed....but..err then Im easily impressed!!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2856
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 10:49 am:   

Congratulations Ken. Certainly a cracker of a game. Would you care to tackle my garden next? Why is there never a shortage of weeds, slugs and aphids? Not to worry, Liz is back to work tomorrow, then I'll be able to captain my own ship again.
I'll have another go at your "Jacks in the box" now, or have you solved it too whilst I've been out in the garden "enjoying" myself?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 11:53 am:   

but..err then Im easily impressed!!
Maybe I am too.
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 1:03 pm:   

But I'm seriously impressed! Congratulations & well played.
Sorry for the electricity hassles, Richard. Hope it wasn't too serious & gardening went well - I guess you're not growing turnips!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2859
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 2:32 pm:   

I honestly think I had your game won when the power went, but, as the cliche goes,..it happens! We have trip fuses installed. It's just a case of raising the little lever on them. I'll maybe take some time out and reroute the tumble drier onto a seperate fuse. That way it won't zap my PC if it goes again. At times the only thing I think I'm growing is old.
It's of no consequence who solves problem games, as long as someone does.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 3:09 pm:   

well im happy to get a chance before you post it.Many the time you had it solved before I had a go. Midshipmam is one I play quite a bit.
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   

I feel confident you would have cracked it Richard had you not had power cut.
No doubt I'll be finding you another seriously uncrackable game shortly. I can see it's my duty to keep your brains active so you won't grow as old as me. (I've been collecting my pension for quite a few years already!)
Well done both of you.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2860
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 6:08 pm:   

Touched a nerve there Sue. I'm older than Liz. She gets the pension and I don't. Whatever happened to sexual equality? Women live longer too. We're getting a raw deal guys.
I'm sure Ken will be as keen as me to see your next instalment.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 6:20 am:   

You need to move to the States, Richard. I get a pension from Delta Airlines and I'm younger than you. Unfortunately, it's not a big enough pension, so I still have to work. (Oh to be able to garden and play PGS all day. To dream the impossible dream!)
Sue Parrott (Sueparot)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 6:23 am:   

I'll be back ........
Meanwhile, enjoy Bonnie Scotland (I'm English but I live in South Africa).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2861
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 7:58 am:   

K2, you've been keeping a low profile of late. I think what Sue and I were both talking about is the Old Age Pension provided by the British state. All you have to do to qualify is live long enough to collect it. I've to live 5 years longer than a woman before I get mine. Booooo! I do get a personal pension which I'd contributed into when I was working. As for moving to the States Ken, how do you propose getting me off the Most Wanted list?
You're English eh Sue? Never mind....nobody's perfect. Ha!....... (Sorry Sue. Couldn't resist it).
The anniversary of the Battle of Culloden was yesterday incidentally. Have a decko at this link.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_ islands/8001480.stm
The re-enactment bunch did it with modern footwear and not on rough tracks like Prince Charlie's volunteers had done, and they didn't have to fight a bloody battle the following day. The more I read about that battle the sadder it becomes. Apparently men stood in their ranks for half and hour being raked by cannon and mortar fire, awaiting the order to attack. It had already been given but the messenger got killed before he could deliver it. And to think I got annoyed when a silly fuse blew.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 373
Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 11:14 am:   

1298635392 was one of the better ones lately

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration