Unwinable Games of Clover Leaf Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Some experiences??? » Unwinable Games of Clover Leaf « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

T Bryan (Tristrambryan)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Tristrambryan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 12:09 pm:   

Every 20 to 50 games of Clover Leaf I get one that, from the start is unwinable. For instance one stack of cards, all clubs, 10 (bottom) 8 (middle) 9 (top). I see folks with large numbers of wins posted. Is there a fix out for this problem, or am I just unlucky?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 397
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 12:24 pm:   

Are you playing in climb mode or not?
I have had one unwinnable out of 15 in climb mode. In normal mode, i think it is possible to have the luck of getting 1000 hands or more, which are winnable.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 1:15 pm:   

I have played 115 games of Clover Lead and lost none. Did you know that if you come across a situation like you describe above where you know beforehand is unwinnable that all you have to do is not play any moves at all and move on to the next game. Just make sure autoplay is turned off, or else moves will be made and you cannot abandon the game then. Try it with the next game you play whether it's winnable or not. Turn autoplay off and close the game and start a new one. Check your stats and you'll see that there will be no loss recorded for that game.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 401
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 1:33 pm:   

Kathy, that didn't work in climb mode, that's why i asked if he plays in climb mode or not. If not, you are right, if he does, he have to accept the loss. The only thing he can than do is to get the maximum score for the unwinnable game. When you skip a game in climb mode, it will be counted with 0 points.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 1:38 pm:   

Markus, if you're playing Goodsol 101, do you have to play in the climb mode? If not, he could play in the standard mode and use my suggestions. I only played 101 for a short time during the trial period so I can't remember the rules, but I thought you had a choice.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3918
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 1:50 pm:   

This is becoming confusing. In Pretty Good Solitaire Kathy is correct....you can skip games you don't like the look of. In the 101 Collection or the Mac Edition you also have the choice of whether you play in ordinary Standard Mode or in Climb Mode. If you choose Climb Mode you cannot duck out of playing the akward ones.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 404
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 2:01 pm:   

Thanks Richard, for the little clarification. I do my best, but i know, my posts are not always easy to understand. Especially for those, who do not know all the differences between the editions.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3921
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 4:53 pm:   

Don't let that deter you Markus. You do remarkably well!
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 407
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 1:33 am:   

Richard, my marks in English in schooltime haven't never been the best. After school i didn't need English for about 7 or 8 years. On my first holidays in USA my friend, with whom i had made the journey did a lot. On my trip to Chicago it was the first time after school, where i have been with English on my own.
Nowadays, after learning Estonian, i try to clear also a little bit my English with reading books and watching films in English. But that's all. I have no other practice than in this Forum.
So, i don't let that deter me, because i know, languages haven't never been my favorites. I am glad to have learned Estonian.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration