Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Thirteen Packs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 6:10 am:   

Hi--I have a question--can you or can you not move cards on the tableau of 13 Packs? Sometimes it works for me. I move cards of the rank into that rank's space--and sometimes it won't let that happen. Is this a flaw in the game or am I doing something wrong?
Many thanks---
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 740
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 10:16 am:   

You can move cards in the tableau to the foundation piles.

You cannot move cards from one tableau pile to another, except in the case of an empty tableau pile. An empty tableau pile can be filled with a card of the same rank as the number of the pile.

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 6:35 am:   

OK--I got that. You can move cards within the tableau to empty spaces of the same rank as the card you want to move. But why does it work in some cases and not in others? DO the cards have to be adjacent to the empty space? It seems like that's the only time it works for me.

Post Number: 741
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 1:04 pm:   

You can play a card of the same rank to an empty pile, assuming it is actually empty. Note that when a pile is open with all of its cards visible at the bottom of the screen, the pile may look empty above but it isn't (the cards are all shown down at the bottom). You can only put a card in an empty pile when it is actually empty, not just opened up.

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 1:19 pm:   

Well, I have tried that--only a totally empty pile--will keep trying. Thanks, Mr. Warfield.

PS--it is still impossible to win--
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 1:44 pm:   

Hi
it is winnable and I have the moves for a winning game if you want to email me at pondpaul@hotmail.com
CJ Winter (Oceancat46)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Oceancat46

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 3:49 am:   

This is one of my favorites - but I've only won 3 times in 543 games - so it's possible to win, but very difficult - any time I score better than 65, I figure it's a pretty good game.

Good luck -
CJ Winter
Depoe Bay Oregon
Paula Newcomb (Paula_newcomb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Paula_newcomb

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:43 am:   

I was thrilled to find 13 packs in your solitaire games. I played this a lot when my husband was in graduate school in the '60s. However, the rules we played by allowed for moving cards from one foundation to another of the same suit when the ranks were sequential. How about a version with this extension?

Post Number: 984
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 8:24 am:   

We will probably add some variations of Thirteen Packs sometime, I'll consider one where you can move between foundations.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration