Spider -- strategy ,tips, etc. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Spider -- strategy ,tips, etc. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

jasonc65
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 10:38 pm:   

I have been able to find an excellent webpage on Spider tips at
http://www.semicolon.com/Solitaire/Articles/Spider .html

However, in order to follow the sample game, one must download Solitaire till Dawn onto a Mac (which I don't have). I have found many of the tips to be useful.

For example, they explain that not playing a king to an empty column is "not a hard and fast rule". Sometimes, it is the only way to make progress. Other times, other factors compensate, such as being able to better organize the cards.

I have played numerous games with Microsoft's version of the game, by now.

Does anyone else have any interesting comments, tips, suggestions, sample games, etc.? I can't find very many websites that discuss Spider.
Jack Ransome
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 6:16 am:   

Quite!

Apparently the same game is demonstrated with reference to Pretty Good Solitaire (Windows) at http://1-2-3-free-spider-solitaire.com/strategy.ht m - but this is not the game that my version of PGsol starts with.

Does anyone have the number of the game they are referring to - which could be entered into Pretty Good Solitaire?
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 1:20 am:   

the only advice I would give is; To win A game of Spider, you must uncover/see every card; abiding by any strict rule will hinder winning; todd&becky norwich UK
jasonc65
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 4:02 am:   

If someone has a Mac, could they please download Solitaire 'til dawn, and then report here what game they are referring to, giving both the initial setup and the moves?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration