Oh where Oh where did my Richard go??... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Miscellaneous #3 » Oh where Oh where did my Richard go???????????? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

donna doyle (Momdoyle6)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Momdoyle6

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 9:37 pm:   

Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!! donna and greg!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6542
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 3:03 am:   

Hi Donna!!!! Long time! I thought you'd abandoned us completely in favour of Facebook stuff.
Have had a lot of trouble with my email "service" (Huh!) since Tiscali was taken over by Talk Talk. It's reached the stage that I am swamped with spam once again and cannot find anything. The hugely efficient spam filter I had used previously cannot be installed with my new provider. I'll try and contact you soon.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 3:36 am:   

Richard, before I used Norton, I used a great program for spyware, spam, etc. called Spybot which you can download and use for free. However, that said, Norton does a pretty good job with spam.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 2118
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 1:24 pm:   

Now I know why you didn't answer all my emails. :-) Or at least we will leave it at that.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6545
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 1:42 pm:   

I've had Spybot for several years Kathy. Was it not me who told you about it? I also run Norton but I've had occasion recently to send them some very negative feedback. Any time Norton decides to it wants to do something it just steamrollers over anything you are in the middle of doing. I've been left fuming with everything else frozen until it's finished. Not good enough. A spam filter is something entirely different. The one I was using was "intelligent". I just had to tell it that a message was a spam and it didn't let another one through from that sender. It had many other super functions. My inbox rarely had a spam message in it and it was improving the longer I used it. Then I lost Outlook Express and my ISP provider Tiscali was taken over by Talk Talk and things just went from bad to worse. It wouldn't be the first time I've just deleted every message as there were hundreds of them to try and cope with. I may have deleted some non spam messages from my friends too. Sorry if you have been amongst them.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 9:24 pm:   

Your're right, Richard. Actually it's my ISP, Comcast, that keeps my spam at a minimum. I very rarely get any spam since I've used Comcast as my email account and dropped Microsoft Live.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2123
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 11:41 pm:   

Richard. Really enjoyed the new pictures. And the descriptions as well. Just wondering. Did you learn the secret handshake of the Knights of the Thistle while you were wandering around.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6580
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 4:45 am:   

There were no Knights there Mike. Perhaps they were having a knight off.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6582
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 8:07 am:   

BTW Kathy, Mike is referring to the St.Giles Cathedral album I uploaded yesterday. I never got around to telling anyone.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2124
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 11:22 am:   

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. Lord J Michael Butler AAA VSM ACSC SCGA HBO. How's that.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1607
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 9:26 pm:   

I just took a quick look at the St. Giles pictures tonight. It piqued my interest, and I plan to go back and look in more detail. Very interesting background. But I don't understand what Mike means in his last post.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 9:33 pm:   

Got to keep you guessing Kathy. Look at the names on the plaque of the members of the Knights of the Thistle.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6589
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 9:09 am:   

AAA = American Alcoholics Anonymous
VSM = Viscount Sues Mike
ASCA = Age Concern, Southern California
SCGA = Senior Citizen Gets Alzeimers
HBO = Has Butler Obesity?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 12:27 pm:   

Oh so close Richard. But NO.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration