Big Apple Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Big Apple « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 5:38 am:   

Hi--I am having a problem with "BIg Apple." It states in the rules that "groups of cards can be moved as a unit regardless of sequence" but I haven't been able to do this--is there a glitch in the program or are the rules incorrect?
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 343
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 2:12 pm:   

The help file should have been corrected in the new version, this error has been mentioned long ago.
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 3:38 pm:   

I have the new version--and it's still the same error--
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 344
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 7:50 am:   

That's where I checked it. There's a thread about it on June 13 in PGS questions, but it's not fixed yet. In the PGS Beta I thought that the game was wrong, but Tom said that the help was (- and is -) wrong.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 826
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 11:25 am:   

In the latest version 10.1, the help file says "Move groups of cards if they are in sequence down in suit.". This is correct, you can move groups of cards in suit sequence as a group. You cannot move groups of cards not in suit sequence as a group, although you can build regardless of suit.
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 11:59 am:   

Perhaps I misunderstood the rules--I was sure it said that groups of cards could be moved regardless of suit--
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 345
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 3:02 pm:   

Tom is right of course, I confused "Build down" and "Move".
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 3:58 am:   

Well, this is indeed a mystery--I re-read the rules that I have in my Big Apple game and it definitely states that groups of cards can be moved regardless of suits--and I have the latest version--
I'll let it go and play it anyway--
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 346
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 10:01 am:   

My "latest version" is 10.1.0 of October 2004. Is yours the same? In my long PGS history I have several times updated without unistalling first, because in the past I had lost scores and favorites. It happened more than once - but not always, that there remained left-overs of the older version.

I copy-pasted this line from my help file

"build down regardless of suit. Move groups of cards if they are in sequence down in suit. "

I think you should sort this out exactly with Tom in e-mail. In the Beta testing we had often some very small detail that was easy to overlook. By the way, this rule makes this game too difficult for me to enjoy.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 827
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 10:43 am:   

Anonymous probably just has an older version of at least the help file. The October 10.1 version has the fixed text.

Big Apple is intended to be a hard game. For an easier version of the game, see the game "New York".
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 11:30 am:   

When was an updated version made available? I never received a notice for it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration