Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Related Games--Matrimony « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 3:27 pm:   

Hi all--I love the game "Matrimony" and I would like to know if anyone knows of any related games both in playing and in difficulty--I love a good challenge and this one is particularly interesting. The "Rules" list doesn't have any similar games listed but I was wondering if someone know of any in the 600+ games in PGS--

Thanks--
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Username: Annika

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   

Frances, I like Matrimony too, and used to play it with real cards. A lot easier with PGS! Another game I like that has a similarity, and is very difficult to win, is Thirteen Packs. We called it "Bone" when playing it with real cards, and the stock was called the "Bone Pile" I like Fair Lucy a lot, too. It is a different game, hard to win, but if one works on it, by restarting and trying different plays, it can be won more often than appears at first. Clare (SouthernGal)

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 3:56 am:   

Hi Clare--thanks--I have done "Thirteen Packs" and it took ne almost 2000 tries to win it--LOL! I kept a record of the winning game number for that and would you believe I haven't won it again since--but I like the "challenge-y" games--

I used to play a lot of Solitaire (I have that book of 150 Solitaire Games) but I never played either one of those the "regular" way--in fact, I've never played Solitaire again with a regular deck of cards since I got the computer--
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 955
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 10:15 am:   

There aren't any games similar to Matrimony in PGS nor are there really any in the solitaire books. It's rather a unique game.

The only way to really get another Matrimony type game is for someone to invent one. I'll take a look to see if there's any changes to the game that might make an interesting variation.

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 10:29 am:   

Thank you, Mr. Warfield--and may I suggest the game of "British BLockade" if you can find it--it ranks up there with "Thirteen Packs" for difficulty. It is similar to "Parallels" but with differences---
I love a challenge!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration