Tactics for Crazy Quilt Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Crazy Quilt » Tactics for Crazy Quilt « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 4:55 pm:   

I like the game, exasperating though it be. I'm trying Annika's four games and get to stopping points fast.
Questions 1. Is it a good idea to go as far as possible, when progressing in sequence to the new turned over card?
2. Do you work on those sequences on the second deal?
Thanks. Bye Audrey
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   

Hi Audrey, What I have found helpful is this;

When you have to make a choice of 2 identical cards to play, Snapshot before you move one of them. If you don't like where this line goes, go back to the snapshot, and try the other card. I may do this several times in one game.

To answer your question, I will often keep playing cards on one pile, knowing that I can click them over to the other pile, whenever I want to, so long as I haven't crossed numbers on the 2 piles.

I will also pick up aces or kings from the tableau to the waste pile to open up the tableau, but this isn't availavble to do very often.

Remember, that I still have only 4 wins out of 71 games. You have to be lucky. But i frequently get very close.

Also, I don't play every one. If I don't like the looks of the tableau, I just click on new game. I have no interest in averages, only in the pleasure of trying to win this fun and challenging game.

Good luck!
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 106
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 8:11 am:   

Thanks for the help, Annika Bye Audrey

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration