Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » 1000 games? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Nowhere to say thank you ??Thomas Warfield 7-05-06  9:12 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

pgs348
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 128.138.85.64
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   

At some time, I was told that the original goal of PGS was to have 100 different games. Now, that goal has been largely surpassed.

This would be a very lofty goal indeed, but it could perhaps be possible. In fact, if it did reach this goal, I would definitely pay for PGS, after having been a user of the trial version for so many moons.

With the way things are going, do you think that PGS could ever get up to 1000 games? Do you think you would like 1000 solitaire games at your disposal?

(Message approved by admin)
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   

Yes, the goal of 100 games was passed about 10 years ago.

1000 games is pretty much inevitable at this point, although it will take awhile. There are very few solitaire games from books that are not already in Pretty Good Solitaire, so most new games are original invented games now. These take awhile to do.

It would be possible to make up a whole bunch of games faster, but then the quality of the games would be a problem.

Also, before I get to 1000 I will probably need to come up with some new patterns for games beyond the standard foundations, card matching, etc types that most solitaire games follow.
Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   

There's one game called "British BLockade: that I haven't seen in PGS yet--
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 8:06 am:   

The number Thousand is meaningless, unles it has an advantage for advertising. "Thousand and One" would go well with the note about lost sleep. There are many games that have options like "Kings only" or "Deal 1/3" that could be listed as separate games. I like the addition of completely new groups to PGS, like the Virginia Reel group or the Terraces. Also for the future PGS I'd like to see in which version a game was added, to make it easier to locate the New Games, also not of the very latest New Games list. This can be mentioned in the help file, or even better, if there are planned sub-groups for the All Games screen.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration